slider help with cyberduck

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
Could somebody please help out with how to change the text on a slider using cyberduck for a ppc? DMB is my favorite band so I want it say "I will go in this way..." on the unlock screen and "and I'd my own way out" for the power down screen. If somone could help me with this id really appreciate it.

P.S. if someon is feeling especially charitable, maybe they could make a slider for me that is an acoustic guitar : )

thanks

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Can't help you with the design but here's how to change the slider text.

In Cyberduck, go to:

1) System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj. You should see the .strings file called SpringBoard here.
2) Drag (copy) "SpringBoard.strings" to the desktop and rename the ".strings" to ".plist"
3) Download a text editor called Pref Setter (Google, it's free)
4) Launch Pref Setter.
5) Search and change the name slide to unlock under "Value" column to whaterver (but make sure it's not too long).
6) Quit Pref Setter and save.
7) Change the ".plist" back to "strings"
8) Drag the modified "SpringBoard.strings" replacing the "SpringBoard.strings" in Cyberduck.
9) Restart iPhone

should work :cool:

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
Thx man! its good to finally get a reply. However, when I try and copy it into cyberduck, I wont replace the original SpringBoard.strings. Instead it makes a new file that I SpringBoard.strings.plist. Ive tried saving in pref setter and on the desktop, but it still copies the same in cyberduck.

Did I miss a step?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Thx man! its good to finally get a reply. However, when I try and copy it into cyberduck, I wont replace the original SpringBoard.strings. Instead it makes a new file that I SpringBoard.strings.plist. Ive tried saving in pref setter and on the desktop, but it still copies the same in cyberduck.

Did I miss a step?
Yes, take a look at steps 7 and 8. You have to change (edit) the name back to SpringBoard.strings. Cyberduck will ask you if you want to "replace" then click ok. I notice your file reads SpringBoard.strings.plist. It should be ".strings" only.

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
Right, thats what I did, and it says SpringBoard.strings on my desktop, But when I upload it to cyberduck, it doesn't ask me to overwrite because for some reason it uploads as SpringBoard.strings.plist. I take the plist out but it still shows up.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
How strange is that! Okay, disconnect Cyberduck but make sure that "SpringBoard.strings.plist" is not residing in the English.Iproj folder. Restart your phone and reconnect to Cyberduck and repeat the steps. Sorry, this is the first I've heard of Cyberduck "creating" a .plist file! Weird....

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
Nevermind bro, I figured it out. I just undid the rename of SpringBoard.strings on the desktop.

I know you said you couldnt make the slider for me, But do you know how to make a slider and/or where to put it in cyberduck?