Slider on Voice Recorder app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ae_wu

Jul 22, 2007
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to add to the voice recorder a slider for the recording because if you have a long recording you have to listen to the whole file. Can you put the same type of slider as they have for voicemail or like with video/audio files.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to add to the voice recorder a slider for the recording because if you have a long recording you have to listen to the whole file. Can you put the same type of slider as they have for voicemail or like with video/audio files.
i thought you couldn't do voice recording on the iPhone...although that could have changed since the last time i post this in another thread

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Not as of yet.

But I recently updated the VoiceNotes app (via Installer) and it looks like a Send to Voice Mail option has been added. Doesn't work for me yet (though the new VM sound does play) but I would imagine it is just a matter of time:

So if indeed we can use this to send the recording to VM, you can use the slider there to move around the recording. Hopefully.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

ae_wu

Jul 22, 2007
Not as of yet.

But I recently updated the VoiceNotes app (via Installer) and it looks like a Send to Voice Mail option has been added. Doesn't work for me yet (though the new VM sound does play) but I would imagine it is just a matter of time:

So if indeed we can use this to send the recording to VM, you can use the slider there to move around the recording. Hopefully.

--
Mike
Okay where did you get the update for the voice recorder app? I just need to contact the apps maker and ask them to do this for me.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Okay where did you get the update for the voice recorder app? I just need to contact the apps maker and ask them to do this for me.
For the record, I am not using the Voice Recorder app from Erica over at tuaw.com (at least it doesn't appear the same). The one I am using is actually called VNotes. I got it, and several updates to it so far, via Installer.app. You can find Installer.app here:
http://www.iphonador.com/2007/08/10...new-software-over-wifi-right-from-the-iphone/

--
Mike

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I think that's the same app... VNotes is Voice Record the app by Erica. Isn't it?
I don't think so.

The one from Erica is installed as VRecord.app and shows up as VRecord. VNotes shows up as VNotes and is installed as VNotes.app. Both can be installed at the same time too (but only VNotes appears in Installer.app--and it has been updated several times over the last few days).

In addition, the behavior of the two apps is different: VRecord is rather basic and it just starts recording when launched. There is no list of recordings, and you cannot play them. It just dumps recordings to a folder on your iPhone.

VNotes, OTOH, lets you look at--and play--a list of recorded voice notes. It also lets you send them as email or send them to the visual VM app (the latter hasn't worked for me yet).

I suppose they could have started out the same, but if so they aren't any longer. I also saw no mention of VNotes in the article about VRecord at tuaw.com.

--
Mike

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
why is the vnotes not showing up on the Installer program? I finally get it all done right and now it is not there. Anybody have a direct link to VNOTES and not Vrecord. I think i like the setup of vnotes better.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
why is the vnotes not showing up on the Installer program? I finally get it all done right and now it is not there. Anybody have a direct link to VNOTES and not Vrecord. I think i like the setup of vnotes better.
Install Community Sources and you'll see a lot more apps, including VNotes.

--
Mike

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
just tried to install that and it came up with this:

"error during install script execution" any thoughts? it would not launch the program.

UPDATE: I got it to work..... thanks for the help.

Aug 25, 2007
Not as of yet.

--
Mike
What version of VNotes is that? The only version I can see with installer.app is 0.19, which only has PLAY, SEND TO EMAIL, and EDIT NAME available.

Is there a direct link to get a newer version?

Thanks.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Just a thought, but if you're not able to send recordings to voicemail, make sure the "cp" function is in your bin directory and is given the proper permissions.

I had a similar problem with Erica's SendSong not actually sending my songs to myringtone folder. This was resolved by adding "cp" to my bin. I reckon Erica is using the same method in Voicenotes.