Slight yellowing towards bottom of screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
Is it just me or us there a slight bit of yellowing towards the bottom half of the screen? I noticed it yesterday while surfing the web zoomed into text (lots of white space)

Also when it flips orientation I noticed a slight yellow around the text. It isn't blatantly obvious its just something I just happened to notice and was wondering if anyone else noticed. I don't always see It and its only noticeable when there is crazy white space.

I do love the phone overall. Although texting and isn't as good as it could be if Apple would just allow us to use the keyboard sideways.:sick:

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
Seriously no one else has noticed this? It seems like maybe it is slightly bright on the lower half. The side that is closest to the antenna side. Again not terrible but I wanted to find out if others noticed this or if it is just me and maybe I should take it up with Apple.

Try going to the this website hit the forum and read any thread. Turn it sideways and take a look at the screen. Let me know if you notice a slight discoloring (less bright or yellowing).

(or don't :) :()

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
Well thats good! I am a little on the obsessive side. My wife noticed it after I took a minute to show her. It seems like it is more noticeable when the brightness is low. Sometimes I see it on both side like yellow artifacts round the letters when I turn it. Maybe its just my eyes.

Gurk33

Jul 20, 2007
I have it too.

Thank you for reaffirming that I'm not crazy. I first noticed it when I went into settings. It's most prominent toward the bottom right side of the screen, then it kinda goes up the whole right side.

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but did you ever resolve this issue?

Gurk33

Jul 20, 2007
I did pee on it a little bit.

Seriously though, i don't think its all iPhones. This is my second. The first one came scratched (can you believe it?) but it didn't have a yellow tinge!

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
yep , same thing here. It is not always there. I left the thread alone thinking that I know I see it but I am betting others just don't notice. The strange thing is if you turnthe screen it moves. Its strange. I went to the Apple store and checked out their screens but under that lighting I couldnt see it. The yellowing is mostly on the antenna side. 1 interesting thing I found is that if you look at a black image one side of the phone lights pink from a long view down and angled the other lights blue. The pink lit side is also the side I notice the yellowing. I will try to take picks to clarify.

Gurk33

Jul 20, 2007
You're right. I still don't think it's all iPhones, it's gotta be a defect. You didn't talk to Apple about it though? I'm surprised you didn't trade it in. I'm probably gonna.

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
I just rushed into the store. In the Aventura Apple store if you don't make an appointment you are stuck (when there are 50 to 60 people in the store pining for attention and tons that already have appointments well you get the picture). It is always super packed. I am going to make an appointment. I didn't notice it for the first couple of days then I thought there was something wrong with my eyes and started rubbing them like mad until I figured out it was the screen.

Yeah I think I better get down there. It drives me nuts. I still can't believe the 2 of us are the only one that has noticed this issue. Maybe it is just defect like you said. It is weird though but as I turn the screen I notice it even more. Right now for instance I barely notice any yellowing while other times it is glaring. Very strange. I mean if the yellowing stayed still it would be one thing but the way it moves and what not.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Could be a uneven backlight problem. You'd have to post a photo.

If you're not sure if an issue (any issue) is a problem, take it to the Apple store, and compare it to the display models.

Also, make appointments from your iPhone while (someone else) is driving you to the Apple store.

http://Apple.com/retail/

Gurk33

Jul 20, 2007
Well I'm sure it's an issue. I don't think Apple intentionally designed the phone to have a yellow discoloring in the bottom right corner of the screen. If I compare it to one in the Apple store and it's is the same - then that's defective too.

I didn't even have to make an appointment last time I went in. They took care of it right away.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Some stores have long genius bar wait times, so it's not a bad idea to make an appointment just in case.

I of course, don't follow my own advise, but that doesn't mean it's not good advise for folks who don't like to wait!