Sling box....movement

Jul 5, 2007
Can we all start a movement where we get Apple to offer slingbox mobile features for the iPhone

with this feature the iPhone wouldhave to be the greatest invention of the 22nd century and then windows mobile will have nothing on iPhone

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's not Apple you need to talk to... It's AT&T.

Jul 5, 2007
sling box movement

its not att ATT allows all windows mobile 6 phones to use slingbox so it is not the carrier it is the phone..apple has not okd the use of the slingbox on the iPhone.......

for someone who has everything i would sure love this feature and ask that all do their research on the slingbox and see what wonderful plus this will make there is a beta version on the hacked version but we are asking Apple to plce it in the apps store

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have been craving a SlingBox app since v1. I got an e-mail invite today from SlingMedia to try out their new video-watching website. I haven't given it a try but maybe it's a step in the right direction.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
In some bizarre way perhaps Apple thinks Slingbox infringes on their ability to do more iTunes businesss? If people have access to hundreds of channels including movies, music and more.... perhaps they don't ring the virtual registers in the iTunes store. Hence, it's not so much a bandwidth issue, but a anti-competitive move by Apple. It would have to be one or the other. It's certainly not the lack of a quality app delivered by Sling. I've used their software on Palm OS and Windows Mobile --- and it's been first rate.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if that's the case, then maybe we'll see an app in cydia if Apple keeps denying them.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
if that's the case, then maybe we'll see an app in cydia if Apple keeps denying them.
If they developed using the iPhone SDK, that prohibits them from distributing elsewhere. They are stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Spikey911

Bronze
Oct 26, 2008
I would be happy with a Wifi only version...

I am sure ATT does not want people streaming video over there network, its quite a bit of bandwidth...Far more than Youtube clips.

I used Slingbox on T-mobile Edge and it was actually pretty good. The only thing that made it a pain to use was the slow processor on the phone lagged the menus.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I had the SlingPlayer on my 3G BlackJack and loved it. If they offer it on AT&T's networked 3G BlackJack they should on the iPhone as well.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
What if this turns out to be like the podcast app on the app store?
Apple rejected it, but now we are finding out that they are actually developing over-the-air podcast downloads for 2.2.
I think they are trying to integrate AppleTV somehow?

Jul 5, 2007
well i think if enough people ask for this service they would help us in some way. I understand the anti-competitive situation but this is a must.

Lets push both parties. i think this addition to the iPhone will make it one of a kind. i bet you the new blackberry will use the slingbox and then i am gone..either g1 or the new blackberry. slingbox is a must for me

as for the bandwith wm6 and palm uses it on the network so it is not the problem at all

Jul 5, 2007
sling box movement .....success

Slingbox will be an app this coming Q1 !

However you can still sign in off the slingbox web site which is still cool

Cant wait for the app though ...err this will make the iPhone the best phone ever created hands down