slingbox coming soon for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
was just speaking with a customer service rep regarding slingbox for my iPhone. I was told its coming soon... I am guessing they are one of the developers for the new apps Apple is working with... Cant wait for it

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That would be awesome. But unless this was an Apple rep, he didn't really know anything. Apple hasn't even released the SDK yet.

- John

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Sling has already said many times they would love to create a program for their system on the iPhone. I would not be surprised at all if old Steve-O has given the SDK out to some manufacturers early so that when he announces it to everyone else in February he has some Pizzaz to show with it.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
The Slingbox is a TV streaming device that enables consumers to remotely view their cable, satellite, or personal video recorder (PVR) programming from an Internet-enabled computer with a broadband Internet connection. It is produced by Sling Media of San Mateo, California.

-stolen from wikipedia

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
yes, at least with the Slingbox AV (base one) it does. Not sure about the more expensive ones...
Actually, no, you don't have to. You can hook up the Slingbox (Basic AV) to the cable feed directly, not to the cable box itself. That way, you can put it in another room (mine is in my bedroom where i don't have a TV but do have a cable feed) where you don't watch TV and hook it up to the cable feed. Only thing is you need to be close enough to your router or cable modem.

It's easy. Send me a message if you don't know how to do this still.