Slingplayer on iPhone

Apr 26, 2008
Rumor has it that Slingplayer is currently writing software to support the slingplayer app on the upcoming iPhone 3G... Here's a taste!:cool:

Attachments

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Welcome to EIC. :)

Slingplayer's been in the rumor mill for some time. We'll see what happens in June. :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to EIC!

Slingplayer is the 3rd party application that I'm looking forward to the most. I had it on my BlackJack before I got the iPhone and I miss it dearly.

Torx

Oct 15, 2007
i call photoshop, but no doubt they are planning and working on SP for the iPhone.

once that 3g comes out, this will def be a buy.

Apr 26, 2008
i call photoshop, but no doubt they are planning and working on SP for the iPhone.

once that 3g comes out, this will def be a buy.
Yeah, It's a photoshopper...lol

Thought it would look neat to see it!:cool:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
It's an unconvincing mockup, but it's no rumor that Sling Media got an advance copy of the iPhone SDK.

A jailbroken iPhone already can "sling" audio, via Firefly Media Server.

-K

Torx

Oct 15, 2007
whats sling blade? What does it do? What will it enable the iPhone to do?
well its essentially a hidden knife in the iPhone.. you press a button and blade whips out to slit someones throat.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
whats sling blade? What does it do? What will it enable the iPhone to do?
Sling Blade was a movie written by and starring Billy Bob Thornton.

Sling Player is a client for playing multimedia remotely. It's made by a company called Sling Media whose original product was the Sling Box, a gizmo to "sling" audio (and now video, too) to any internet-enabled device via an assigned IP address. Right now, it enables the iPhone to do nothing, but Sling Media is known to have obtained the iPhone SDK, and will presumably release an iPhone version of Sling Player Mobile, which would let you access A/V content on your iPhone from anywhere.

Cheers,

-K