Slo-Mo Mod adds slow motion to iPhone 5, others.

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by up10ad, Jan 20, 2014.

1. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Apple in its infinite wisdom has reserved the slow motion feature for the iPhone 5s, but there are now several alternatives.

As discussed elsewhere, the app SlowCam is a camera app that creates slow motion videos on other iPhone models. Now there is another Cydia app, Slo-Mo Mod that simply enables that feature within the stock iPhone Camera app.

IMG_0064.PNG

I have tested it on my iPhone 5 and it works great, allowing the same slow motion effect management as in the 5S.

Oh, and did I mention it's FREE?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Apple, in its infinite wisdom, wants to motivate the consumer to buy the latest hardware. Sounds like a sound businesss move to me, and they are sitting on about 150 billion dollars.

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Yeah, I agree that it's a good businesss decision, but as a consumer that is waiting for the next iPhone, I reserve the right to sarcastically poke them in the eye for witholding this fun feature from me!

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm sure Apple will survive your poke. :D

5. iconone

iconone Zealot
    Gold

I picked this up today and it works pretty good. Have yall messed with any of the settings? I can't change it from 60fps on my i5.

#5 iconone, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014