SLOOOOOW e-mail deleting

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Does anyone else experience really slow deleting of e-mails. It mainly occurs when deleting multiple emails in a row. I will slide or use the edit and it will take a few seconds before the delete button comes up, then when it finally does you tap it and once again you have to wait several seconds before it actually deletes then start the process over for the next one. Is this due to my modded phone & 3rd party apps or is it just a fault of the email app?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Does anyone else experience really slow deleting of e-mails. It mainly occurs when deleting multiple emails in a row. I will slide or use the edit and it will take a few seconds before the delete button comes up, then when it finally does you tap it and once again you have to wait several seconds before it actually deletes then start the process over for the next one. Is this due to my modded phone & 3rd party apps or is it just a fault of the email app?

I use the edit method and mine is fine.

It is a good idea to completly shut off the phone by holding down the sleep/wake butn until the slide to shut off the phone. Then after is shut down just restart it, you need to do this about once a week, it always seems to help.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The might actually be still downloading the emails when you're trying to delete them.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I usually wait until I get the "done" ding before I start deleting them.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I had this problem until 1.1.2. but if you are modded you probably don't want to upgrade.

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I get the same prob when deleting in the spam folder of gmail. I'm on an unmodded phone so that's not the reason nor is me not shutting down the phone once a week. I always wait for the ding before deleting and makes no difference.