Slow Data Speeds on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by fsas06, Jan 14, 2012.

1. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

ok, i have full bars, 3g and after about every 2 weeks my phone stops loading "internet" on cell network. i cant watch youtube videos, and sometimes i cant even load pages in safari. i do a network settings restore from the settings area, but that doesn't work. i don't want to have to restore my phone as a new one every 2 weeks just to get internet on cell network.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Does a hard reset do the trick?

;)

3. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

nope, and heres an example. i was watching a video in youtube from within safari, it took 10 min to load 3 min worth of video in SD. the video is 6 min long

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Are you sure you aren't being throttled?

5. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

well i have unlimited data, and im on att, but im not sure if i would be being throttled, because sometimes it would be fine for about a week after i would do a restore as a new phone. but how would i find out if im being throttled ?

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

If a restore is making it go back to normal you most likely aren't getting throttled. I don't know why a restore is fixing it and other things aren't.

If you regularly check your network speed is a sure way to tell if you are being throttled. You also receive warning and throttling notices from AT&T.

7. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

did a quick google serach about att and throttling and i did get the text about me being in the top 5% of data users, so it looks like i am being trottled, witch is dumb if im grandfasthered into unlimited data. looks like i might have to find a network who doesn't restrict data usage if any still don't

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Lots of threads here about throttling and those being throttled.
    If you got the warning message and didn't head to the warning then yes you are probably being throttled.
    Would explain the slowing of your network speeds.

Wifi is your friend.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thread title edited.