Slow responding iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by palash barania, Jan 27, 2012.

1. palash barania

palash barania New Member

I have iPhone 3gs 16 GB on which i have 9GB space free but still it respond so slow. I am running on iOS 4.1. Tried cleaning the multitasking tray and clearing cache of browser but nothing happened. Is there any solution other then restoring?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off and let go when you see the Apple logo. I also recommend rebooting daily to keep it running optimally.

3. palash barania

Tried it but not helping.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You could try restoring. The 3GS is two and a half years old. The processor isn't the greatest and jailbreaking adds a little lag to it. The iPhone 4S is significantly faster. Have you considered upgrading?

5. Robert Brickman

Robert Brickman New Member

I just tried using a buddy's 3GS and wow! Compared to the 4 and 4S, the 3GS doesn't seem to move, especially with iOS 5.

6. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

4.0 and 4.1 were kinda bad for the iPhone 3GS maybe you could try upgrading, my 3GS is up to date w/the latest upgrade and it doesn't lag at all. I'm not jailbroken though so the software is all stock on mine.

7. palash barania

I faced an upgrade problem too.. please chek my other forum

Sent from my iPhone

8. aurther11

aurther11 New Member

I think so it is happen for using iOS 4.1. iPhone is works slowly with iOS 4.It doesn't work as smooth as it used to be. Also new applications such as the iBook application are very slow, doesn't respond smooth on screentaps etc.
    You should going back to version 3.1.3 because IOS4 doesn't add anything to improve the user experience on the iPhone 3G.

9. Laylapotata

Laylapotata Member
    Bronze

IOS 4.1 hosed my 3G. I had to upgrade. Unless you knows someone who can restore the old operating system I don't know what to tell you. It helps a bit if you uncheck all of the options in spotlight search. Also, I improved things a bit on my 3 by doing a hard reset. You can try that too It helps some but you can't get it to be like it was.