Slow screen wake up (screen activation from sleep/standby)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LJJNL

Dec 6, 2007
Hi there,

I've updated my iPhone from 1.0.2 (jailbreaked & unlock, anySIM) to 1.1.1 (again, unlocked etc) and from there i went on to 1.1.2.

Everything is working on 1.1.2. There's only 1 small (very annoying) problem.

Here is a video to explain the problem:

The iPhone wakes up real slow when pressing the home or power button. When making a call, the screen takes way to long to activate (once you take it away from your ear).

I've had the same problem in 1.1.1. The problem occurred right after the first time i updated the firmware (from 1.0.2).
Ive downgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 via viginizers (i.unlock.no) and tried the whole jailbreak + unlock process over and over again from the start (1.0.2). Even with different guides. Same result every time..

Note: the screen does activate instantly when displaying notifications (alarm, calendar, sms, calls etc)..

Anyone know a fix for this? Or experiencing the same problem? (only found 1 other person until now..)

(I cant go back to 1.0.2, it's to 'laggy/shady' ;))
Thanks in advance!

Sep 29, 2007
This is most likly from having a lot of applications used on your iPhone or having a high amount of emails or 3rd party applications. This would make the processor run slow.

But also it could be something wrong with the phone.

I get this from I am a big texter and have to deleat my messages a lot to get room. When I am almost full and I get a message that says "slide to see this message" it takes sometime to get it to go there as it load EVERY message in my inbox and can take some time.

LJJNL

Dec 6, 2007
Hi,

It can't be installed apps or something, because it happens from the first startup with new firmware (other then 1.0.2)!
So no programs are installed yet, the phone isn't even unlocked/jailbroken at that point :S

But it is a software issue, because i don't have that problem with 1.0.2..

Jun 22, 2008
"The iPhone wakes up real slow when pressing the home or power button. When making a call, the screen takes way to long to activate (once you take it away from your ear)."

I have the same your problem with iPhone native 1.1.4.

Can someone help me?