Slow sending of texts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Anyone notice basic text messages (SMS) are sending real slow today? Mine gets 95% done and sits waiting to send and then eventually goes. No picture attached, just regular text.

Tampa Florida area

iPhoneXT

Sep 7, 2009
That's interesting, I actually did notice a similar issue earlier this morning - around 10am. Every SMS message I sent took forever; again it would show about 95% complete then sit there for several seconds. It seems to be resolved for me at this point though.

I'm in the North Jersey/NYC area.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Just found out, I can make calls out, but if i dial my phone (or my wifes) they immediately go busy. I am on hold with At&t to see what is up.

And yes, my bill is paid ;-)

Shaun

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Mine have been like this since I got the phone. Sometimes I have to switch the phone off and on again to receive them too. People tell me they have sent messages and when I restate I'll get 5 or 6 through at once. Sometimes hours late.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
UPDATE: Tampa Florida is having issues. Some cannot make calls, some can make calls but not receive , text messages are delayed or not working, etc etc etc.

Technicians are working on it.

Nothing to do with the iPhone, it is an AT&T issue.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Having the same problems in St. Pete.

I turned off my 3G, and now everything is working just fine on Edge, albeit a little slower. Haven't tried texts yet, but at least I can make calls and use some data.

Read in a Tweet that someone cut a fiber optic line.....

Gateway88

Jun 24, 2010
Having issues in Fort Myers too. Edge is fine but 3G is hosed even wit h a Microcell.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Had the same problem this morning in Des Moines, Iowa around 10 am also. Though it was just me. Sent a text message and my buddy didn't get it until 2 hours later. Seems to be working now just fine as I just had a text conversation with a friend.