slow syncing?

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I can't really remember the speed at which my V1 iPhone syncs at, but I do know my 4G ipod syncs with my music library about 5x faster than my iPhone. Has anyone else noticed this? It's ridiculous that it takes over 45 minutes to sync 10 gigs of music via usb 2.0.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
If it is doing a backup with each sync it's possible that your last backup file could be corrupt. You can try deleting it which will force it to do a new backup although it will take a long time to complete. After that your syncs should go much quicker if, in fact, you really have a corrupt backup file. Deleting the old one did wonders for me; my syncs are really fast now.

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
If it is doing a backup with each sync it's possible that your last backup file could be corrupt. You can try deleting it which will force it to do a new backup although it will take a long time to complete. After that your syncs should go much quicker if, in fact, you really have a corrupt backup file. Deleting the old one did wonders for me; my syncs are really fast now.
This is not a backup issue. I did a full restore, and the iPhone resynced from the last backup. Then its fine. Then I go and click "sync music" (about 10 gigs worth) and when it starts copying the music, it took anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes to copy the music. A completely rough estimate on my part seems like it's transfering around 20 megabits a second--a far cry from the 480 megabit maximum of usb 2.0. My ipod doesn't have this problem.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
whenever I connect my phone it erased my I-pod..why is that?