slow texting

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
I assumed that the new update for iPhone 3G (2.1) would get rid Of the slow texting. It has done nothing to solve the problem. Anyone else still having this texting problem?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I don't myself, but there is still a wide spread problem with this and other issues. All we can do is hope for another update that is better than the last.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
I have no problems either, however it will occasionally have a lag or something of that nature. Not at the point to where I am relying on a software update, though.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I, too, sometimes have a lag when I'm texting, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm a very fast typer, so I'm used to having things slower than I am ;)
In addition, I often have a lag with my contacts, but its not anything that really bothers me. Okay, so sometimes it gets annoying....but overall, I have no complaints.

I'm sure it will be fixed with an upcoming update. :)

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I really hope they can fix this lag in the next update. If anything, the texting lag happens more on my 2.0.1 iPhone 3G than it did when I had 2.0 on my V1. Its really annoying since I like to text a lot and fast.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
This is true. When I try to text extremely fast the lag messes me up. But only occasionally. Yet still, its annoying.

JimmyR

Aug 18, 2008
I also have the lag issue from time to time. It gets really bad, as in up to a second or so delay. I finish typing a sentence and it's still suck on processing the second word letters.

It's strange that it only happens for SMS. Email is always fast. The same keyboard widget is shared by all the apps so you think it'd be a more widespread problem.

cococawaii

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
I also have the lag issue from time to time. It gets really bad, as in up to a second or so delay. I finish typing a sentence and it's still suck on processing the second word letters.

It's strange that it only happens for SMS. Email is always fast. The same keyboard widget is shared by all the apps so you think it'd be a more widespread problem.
I have that exact same problem! It happens really randomly and it really pisses me off.

I just exit SMS and re-open it. That always fixes it. It's still annoying that it happens to begin with. :mad:

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Go to General - Keyboard -international keyboard, leave english on and turn on english(uk). Got that from another foroum and it helped. Not a solution but i temp fix till they update it. It worked for me. If you don't want to do that, open up safari and hold down the home button till safari closes. That will speed things up also. I think the first opt is better as i am always on the internet.

AreL

Sep 16, 2008
And yet another crappy solution (to this problem that Apple should be fixing, but they aren't because, oh, who knows)... is to put the cursor in the middle of a word and go from there. This appears to wig-out the spell-correcting logic and allow you to type fast again. This seems to have something to do with that auto-correcting program... maybe if they had a way to turn that off, it would solve this particular issue...

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
My biggest lag issue is when you enter a text conversation, and you hit the bubble to start typing. It lags anywhere from 2-7 seconds to bring the key board up. Once it does its rather zippy and keeps up, i just get on occasional "half click" when typing.

shoo

Aug 26, 2008
I thought I was going crazy or had a faulty phone but my is worse than before. Apps crach now, even when i am in Apple store. Scrabble won't even open for me.