Slow WiFi

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This is terrible! So we or ( i ) cant use a 5GHZ connection with my ip5. Anyone have any advice or anything in regards to this issue?

Thanks!
Out there on the Internets, some are blaming it on using the WPA2 protection protocol, and for some people, they get better results if they switch to WEP. However, this is a deprecated protocol and I would advise against using it. This could very well be a software issue that may be resolved when Apple pushes out iOS 6.0.1. I'm keeping my phone on the 2.4GHz since I've never had an issue using it that way on previous iPhones. And, as others have mentioned, your speed using 5GHz vs. using 2.4GHz should be about the same.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Anyone notice their Wi-Fi speed drops considerably when they hold their iPhone 5 in their hand?

Maybe this will improve as soon as I get a case.

I literally saw the speed skyrocket as soon as I removed my hand. Tried to film it but I need a second pair of hands for decent results.

photo copy.JPGphoto.JPG

Lephelps78

Bronze
Sep 17, 2012
Maybe they throttled WiFi to make LTE appear that much faster. :sneaky:
Mine is only slow on 5Ghz. Runs just fine & fast on 2.4Ghz from what i am reading, it is because 5Ghz has a very short range and does not do well through objects (walls, floors)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Mine is only slow on 5Ghz. Runs just fine & fast on 2.4Ghz from what i am reading, it is because 5Ghz has a very short range and does not do well through objects (walls, floors)
I don't know that the iPhone isn't at least partially to blame. My iMac does beautifully on 5GHz. My iPhone falters on 5GHz even in the same exact place where the iMac does just fine.