Sluggish performance

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
nyone else having sluggish performance with their iPhone? I've had mine for about a week and all of a sudden, the Internet is sluggish...and I don't mean edge. Whenever I try to scroll a page it really lags, and typing is painful as the keyboard has a huge delay. I tried reseting it but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
nyone else having sluggish performance with their iPhone? I've had mine for about a week and all of a sudden, the Internet is sluggish...and I don't mean edge. Whenever I try to scroll a page it really lags, and typing is painful as the keyboard has a huge delay. I tried reseting it but it didn't help. Any suggestions?
Are you trying to scroll around the pages while they're still loading?
Particularly "image-laden" pages? Stuff like Myspace, for example, will slow the scroll speed to a crawl, even AFTER it's loaded.

Trying to scroll around during the load process is almost ineffective, sometimes.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Three things:

1) Is your iPhone full? Performance slows is you're close to filling up the iPhone's 4 or 8GB of memory... try loading a few hundred MB less to it. (also delete 'deleted messages' and 'trash' messages in Mail.)

2) Clear your 3 browser caches in Settings->Safari

3) Check your internet connect isn't just slow.