SMack Boosters

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Has anyone here hooked a smack booster up to their automobile? I have been doing some extensive research and was wondering if anyone here had dabbled in this yet?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Browns Gas, Aqua-gen, HyDroxy.... there are a ton of versions of this out there, but what it boils down to is that supposedly through a process of electrolisys, water is separated into it's 2 parts, Oxygen, and Hydrogen.
The problem is that what all these wonderful little machines are supposed to do is chemically impossible without byproduct (which supposedly is water, but how to you start and end a chemical process with the same substance? you don't)
At any rate, there have been about half a dozen claims about a "water car" in the past decade. None of them are real.
I've been to Smacks site. that DOT report he lists on there is NOT from the DOT.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Browns Gas, Aqua-gen, HyDroxy.... there are a ton of versions of this out there, but what it boils down to is that supposedly through a process of electrolisys, water is separated into it's 2 parts, Oxygen, and Hydrogen.
The problem is that what all these wonderful little machines are supposed to do is chemically impossible without byproduct (which supposedly is water, but how to you start and end a chemical process with the same substance? you don't)
At any rate, there have been about half a dozen claims about a "water car" in the past decade. None of them are real.
I've been to Smacks site. that DOT report he lists on there is NOT from the DOT.

C'mon now, self sufficient hydrogen power for you 89 Eldorado is easy:p

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I went to a fifth grade science fair and a kid had done his project on splitting H from H20. He rigged his splitter up to be controlled by a switch. Flip the switch to on and all off the bubbles came out the top as a gas. The gas exploded when lit with a lighter. Fuel pulled from water. It does sound hokey, but when a kid in fifth grade submits his project and it makes flammable fuel from water using an electrical current, your scepticism is slightly subdued.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I went to a fifth grade science fair and a kid had done his project on splitting H from H20. He rigged his splitter up to be controlled by a switch. Flip the switch to on and all off the bubbles came out the top as a gas. The gas exploded when lit with a lighter. Fuel pulled from water. It does sound hokey, but when a kid in fifth grade submits his project and it makes flammable fuel from water using an electrical current, your scepticism is slightly subdued.
Hydrogen is a great fuel. Pulling it from water is not too hard. Installing some contraption like this on your car..................no thanks. Buy a hybrid, diesel, bicycle, etc.
Also, you have no idea how this will work with your engine. It was designed to run on gasoline. ECM reprograming may be in order. Long term issues are not known. I can go on.
It would be great if it worked, but if it really did, it would be used in the OE market already.