Smaller and Lighter iPhones?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I hope it doesn't get smaller in my own opinion. This might be welcomed by others but I personally like the screen being as big as it is.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i gotta agree with bone. and weight isn't an issue with me either. the weight makes it easier for me to feel it in my pocket which gives me a sense of security

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't mind if the phone is a bit heavier but I think decreasing the screen size would be a fatal mistake. I think the new Nano screens are obnoxiously tiny and that better not be the way of the iPhone.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
If Apple is stupid enough to decrease the iPhone screen then I don't know what to say. The iPhone killer everyone has been waiting for will be the iPhone itself.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
I don't mind if the phone is a bit heavier but I think decreasing the screen size would be a fatal mistake. I think the new Nano screens are obnoxiously tiny and that better not be the way of the iPhone.
the new nano screen are bigger than the original screens, they just happen to play video and are WAY too small for that

H

Hayesimus

I think they should eliminate the space around the screen at the ends mainly. Make the phone shorter is what i mean i guess. They've started making TVs that go all the way to the edge, why not iPhones...

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
well what if you dropped the phone? there would be an instant chip in the screen if it went to the edge

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
the new nano screen are bigger than the original screens, they just happen to play video and are WAY too small for that
Exactly what I was saying. If they're planning on video playback as a key component of a device then the screen must be suited for it. The screens on the Nano are way too small to properly enjoy a video, well, for me at least.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I like Hayesimus' idea about shortening the top and bottom, making the entire device 3.7 or so diagonally. LIke the N96, I would love to see a built-in kickstand to stand the thing up so I could watch videos on my desk. At the office I could run slideshows of the kids, or videos of them goofing off while I work.

Torx

Oct 15, 2007
if they downsize the screen imma be a frustrated customer... im already sick of my htc vogue screen size (2.8)

H

Hayesimus

I like Hayesimus' idea about shortening the top and bottom, making the entire device 3.7 or so diagonally. LIke the N96, I would love to see a built-in kickstand to stand the thing up so I could watch videos on my desk. At the office I could run slideshows of the kids, or videos of them goofing off while I work.

I am entertaining the kickstand notion in my head. I often have to prop it up on something so that could be a great idea as long as it didn't look tacky. Form over function don't cha know...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
They have cases with the kickstands so I don't know how willing Apple would be to integrate it into the phone, but it'd be interesting to see the reactions if they did. I can't say that I would enjoy it too much.

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I really like the screen size as is. The only thing I would suggest is maybe making it a little wider. Wider in the sense to better support 16x9 movies that is.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I really hope they don't make it smaller because that would really discourage me from buying one. Im waiting till the new ones come out and if the screen is smaller I would be pretty upset. But I really doubt they would make the screen smaller.