Smashed iPhone 4 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by KrystleMcNeillk, Nov 16, 2011.

1. KrystleMcNeillk

KrystleMcNeillk New Member

Hello,
    Was wondering if anyone could help my sister slammed the car door shut while her iPhone was in her pocket & the door whacked off her and bounced open, she then took her phone out her pocket to find the screen smashed it's only 2 months old ? Would Apple fix this ?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Call and make an appointment with a Genius at Apple. Tell them what happened. It can sometimes be hit and miss, but there have been a number of people saying that Apple did replace the entire phone. They are known to do this the first time. But I have also heard that some people haven't had that good luck. More have had it replaced free than not, if that helps.

3. KrystleMcNeillk

Ok thanks. al give that a bash, much appreciated.

4. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

I have had them replace my son's iPod for this. They did it for free and the employee did mention that they would do this one time only.

5. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

I just picked up my 4s at the local Apple store tonight. While there I showed them my 3gs with the shattered screen. They told me they can replace the screen for just $99! I almost put off buying the 4s because of that.

I had wondered what to do with it. Every feature works perfectly, the screen is just shattered from a drop. I thought about putting it on eBay, but now I might just get it fixed and keep it for a spare.

6. KrystleMcNeillk

Took the iPhone back to Apple tonight and they wanted £200 & woulda gave a brand new iPhone, not paying that will have a look on eBay for a screen.