Smashed screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Mrallank59, May 28, 2016.

1. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Today I broke the screen on my 6s+. I used to wonder how some one could be so clumsy. My question: do they do decent work at those mall kiosks, where they replace phone screens?
    At was an avoidable crash. I had taken off the LifeProof case to use my Olloclip. The good part is, atleast it fell flat on the screen. It did no damage to the sides. Thanks for any info

Some regards
    Allan

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Going through Apple is optimal since they have certified technicians and their work won't void the warranty, but if you are looking for a cheaper option, they typically do good repairs elsewhere. Check with them to find out if they guarantee their work and inquire about the experience of the technicians.

I noticed that you started another thread about your iPhone not booting. Did this drop cause the phone to stop booting? If so, you may have internal damage and I recommend going through Apple in that case. If these two problems are related, let me know and I'll merge your threads.

3. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks, Europa. I figured it would cost around 300 dollars. Is Apples price comparable to that? I'll call my local Apple Store, tomorrow to find out. Thanks for the advice.[​IMG]

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple charges $149 to replace the screen. However, the cost will be higher if there is internal damage that also needs to be repaired. Were you able to get it to boot up?

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Sadly one plays one pays.

6. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

I just got my screen replaced. Apple wanted 299. A guy at the mall did it for 220. Every thing works fine. He even put a screen protector on it.[​IMG]

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I love when professionals put a screen protector on for me because they always do it perfectly. When I do it it's always a mess.

8. Trystan

Trystan New Member

I would use iMax repairs, very good service and reliable, and also very helpful, they're not the cheapest but they use quality parts, and they also use registered and insured postal service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Now get a THUEL Tough iPhone protection case, it's the best and thinest at the lowest cost.