SMB Theme transfer question

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I know I know,
Use the search feature.
I don't feel like it.

Every theme I have on my phone I have downloaded from Installer.
I decided that I have every decent theme from Installer, so I went to modmyiPhone.com and found quite a few themes I like.
I downloaded them to my desktop, opened them with WinRAR and have the unzipped files ready to go.

Should I use winSCP to transfer them or iPhonebrowser?
I should put them in SMB Themes, correct?
Which permissions do I have to change?
What other problems can I avoid by asking now?

Thank you
Good Day

Dana

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I know I know,
Use the search feature.
I don't feel like it.

Every theme I have on my phone I have downloaded from Installer.
I decided that I have every decent theme from Installer, so I went to modmyiPhone.com and found quite a few themes I like.
I downloaded them to my desktop, opened them with WinRAR and have the unzipped files ready to go.

Should I use winSCP to transfer them or iPhonebrowser?
I should put them in SMB Themes, correct?
Which permissions do I have to change?
What other problems can I avoid by asking now?

Thank you
Good Day

Dana
The themes should be in individual folders. Just use WinSCP and copy those folders to var/mobile/library/Summerboard/themes/ and they should show up. While you're at it, look to see if any you've installed went to var/root/library/Summerboard/themes/..... if so, move them to mobile. This should sound familiar.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Yeah, it does. I don't understand a damn thing, but I certainly recognize it.

Also, do I just move that book from mobile to root?

Good Day, eh?

Dana

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
for most recent apps it's root to mobile. For old apps, I suppose it would be mobile to root.

If that makes sense to you, what the hell happened to us?

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
for most recent apps it's root to mobile. For old apps, I suppose it would be mobile to root.

If that makes sense to you, what the hell happened to us?
NONE of this makes sense to me.
I just listen and follow the orders of people who know.

Good Day

Dana

jheekee

Apr 18, 2008
I installed Cydia Packager lately. Can't see any SMB prefs or any option to change themes. I do not have the Installer on my phone.
HELP.
How to change the themes?
I have tried by installing the SMBPrefs manually & Leopard theme in the "var/root/library/Summerboard/Themes/Leopard" folder, but when I try to change the theme from SMBPref->Theme...I simply return to the home page!
My iPhone's version is 1.1.4

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I would suggest jailbreaking with ziPhone and doing it the easy way. "installing them".

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have tried by installing the SMBPrefs manually & Leopard theme in the "var/root/library/Summerboard/Themes/Leopard" folder
No, with 1.1.3 and up, themes need to go in var/mobile/library/Summerboard/Themes. If you have any in root, move them to the mobile directory and they should show up in SMBprefs

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
And silly me, I spent all that time downloading those damn files into mobile.

I am still on 1.1.2,thereforee, I presume, the files go into root not mobile?

Good Day

Dana

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And silly me, I spent all that time downloading those damn files into mobile.

I am still on 1.1.2,thereforee, I presume, the files go into root not mobile?

Good Day

Dana
Now that you mention it, yes. That is probably so.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Is there any way to do this without winscp?
I am losing my mind.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I suppose you could do it with MobileFinder, but it will take a lot longer.

jheekee

Apr 18, 2008
No, with 1.1.3 and up, themes need to go in var/mobile/library/Summerboard/Themes. If you have any in root, move them to the mobile directory and they should show up in SMBprefs
I tried with 2 new themes, namely-Leaf & Blue Tear, by downloading them through the Cydia installer. The themes did get downloaded automatically to "var/mobile/library/Summerboard/Themes", but the Original problem faced by me, i.e., as soon as I clicked on the SMBPref-->Theme...the screen does a blank & goes to the Home Page, remains. The same thing happens when I try to go through the "Settings-->Interface-->Springboard-->Summerboard".

P.S. When I am inside the SMBPref....it shows...SMPPrefs 3.2 , then, Summerboard(NULL)(INACTIVE).
I have a feeling that I have not loaded either the SMBPrefs or the Summerboard properly.
I had manually installed the SMBPrfs.app in the Applications folder & SummerBoard.framework in the " /System/Library/Frameworks" folder with prooerty combinations as 0777/0775 (for SMBPrefs.app) & 0755/0644 (for SummerBoard.framework) respectively.

EDIT: Thanks Everyone for replying earlier to my queries.

I have been able to slove the SummerBoard as well as other problems.
1) Did a clean restore.
2) Jailbreaked with iLiberty+.
3) installed Cydia as well as Installer (NOT BSD SUBSYSTEM-as already present in Cydia). installed the Fake BSD though...since some of the applications from the Installer demand it.
4) Now installing softwares from Cydia (which are available to both), if not then installing from the Installer.
5) Summerboard installed from Installer.
Everything working FINE & Much smoother than before.

MUST say that installation from CYDIA has made my iPhone much-much smoother & with practically no instance of any Hanging.