Smells like burning

Josh22

Aug 9, 2008
This may seem a bit weird i guess but last night i sniffed the charge port and headphone jack on my 3G (i like the smell of new electronics lol) but instead of smelling something pleasant it smelled like something burning, the phone was a bit sluggish so i did a restore its acting fine now, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it besides the smells like burning part. Could anybody go ahead and smell their ports for me and tell me if it smells like burning? Thanks

- josh

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
sounds like a conversation that I overheard my dog having with the neighbors dog about sniffing each other's butt!

No burning smell here. Still smells kinda new... Like the oil you might find on new electrical components...you know that oily smell?

If it smells burnt, I'd return it if you're still under warranty.. Are you using ANY third party accessories?
Good luck, buddy.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
There is that one rare occurrence of someones 3g heating up excessively and burning him on the leg, but if yours is not getting hot like that i wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I agree with OJ. If it does it again take it back for a replacement.
The phone that is, not the neighbors dog.:cool:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Mine smells like brand new Apple products. I love that smell. You should take yours back like Dturner said

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
This may seem a bit weird i guess but last night i sniffed the charge port and headphone jack on my 3G (i like the smell of new electronics lol) but instead of smelling something pleasant it smelled like something burning, the phone was a bit sluggish so i did a restore its acting fine now, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it besides the smells like burning part. Could anybody go ahead and smell their ports for me and tell me if it smells like burning? Thanks

- josh
Oh my god me too! :laugh2: