Smoking Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Well I have a friend who wants me to smoke weed with him, he says it"s not bad nor addicting. I'm trying to make a tough decision on whether to do it or not. Right now my curiosity is greater than my morals. Has anyone ever tried it? I just need help,

Thanks

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'd say it's something everyone needs to try. I'd be willing to bet most people here who preach against it have done it at least once themselves.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake is someone who has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

That's my opinion at least, I know there's several people here that would disagree.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm a moderator now, so the best advice I can give you is to check out the chat room sometime.

:)

Honestly, I'm really not sure where this topic falls in regards to the site's TOS.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I've tried it only once before, and it's not addicting, it is harmful though just like smoking cigarette, water pipe, and everything else. You got to try it, it's really nice dude. I actually smoked one before playing soccer before, I was running like a bull, but like 20 minutes later I felt like I was going to faint in the court.

TRY IT BRO, but just once. For trying it, not for the love of it.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Long time smoker about 5 years everyday almost on the hour and i quit cold turkey no problem. Trust me if i didn't have to quit i wouldn't of but i got to do what i got to do (work). You should try almost everything at least once is my motto. Weed is very fun to just chill and hang out with friends but don't do anything that you don't want to do.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Try it. But NOT this time. It's everywhere and you're not going to "miss out." But, as point against peer pressure, don't do it now. Wait at least until you're out of high school and a real adult. Not some kiddie living at home under someone else's rules and money. What would they say?
Wait until you're ready to make those kinds of decisions. If you're still in high school, you are not ready. College, sure, go for it. then you can try cocaine, smoke some crack, shoot some meth, huff some paint or sniff farts. You are then an adult and welcome to screw up your life anyway you wish. Don't do it now, though and get your folks all worked up (it's not your life yet)....just wait a minute.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Easy, OJ, that was a calm and well-thought-out answer there. Don't wanna hurt yourself!

;)

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
If you're in High School, I will be the responsible adult and say WAIT as well. I can say it is a habit that you do not want to make into a regular thing, but that is my opinion. I am a useless sack of crap if I smoke. Sometimes that is what I am going for, but I certainly do not condone it as a regular thing if you are in High School (coming form a dude who spent much of his time high in high school). Do not as I did, basically.

Certainly a sensitive subject to some, and not with others. Some smoke to be normal, others smoke for leasiure, others smoke to escape, etc.

I am one who thinks it should not be illegal, or taboo. Alcohol is more dangerous than grass, IMO, and I am all for legalizing it. I certainly do not go around telling people to drink, just as I do not with grass. And I drink MUCH more than I "smoke". I am a very recreational kind of dude on the matter, but have certainly "toned it down" compared to my early 20's days.

OJ is kind of right.....wait until you are out of high school College is for exploration. Go nuts then.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It is certainly a question everyone is faced with at some point in their life. I say that if you think you are ready to try it then go forth. Don't be pressured to do something you don't feel comfortable with or feel that you are ready for. I think that OJ has a point with the whole parental situation. My parents approached pot with the knowledge that the opportunity would some day present itself so they somewhat expected me to try it. Not all parents are the same of course.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It may not be physically addictive, but it may be psychologically addictive to some people... Same as any other activity.

I personally have never felt the need to do it, and I don't think it makes me any more ignorant than someone who has.

That being said, all of m best friends smoke regularly... So it's cool with me.

H

Hayesimus

I frown upon MJ. My friends talked me into smoking a joint once a few years ago. I felt nothing. But even if I had, I wouldn't ever do it again.

For starters... IT'S ILLEGAL! You can go to jail for it! It can really screw up you life in ways you can't even imagine at this juncture in time. Once you are "cool" with smoking weed you'll be more casual about what other drugs are acceptable or not. Don't even start. You aren't missing anything spectacular and anyone who tells you otherwise is kidding themselves and needs to grow up. If I'm stepping on anyone's toes then GOOD. Someone needs to.

Secondly, its not healthy no matter what some pothead tells you. Sure I do things that aren't healthy, but I'm not about to add lung damaged to the list. Smoking causes damage to your lungs. It burns the cilia which are tiny hairlike structures that line your airways. They collect harmful materials so that they don't get into your lungs. When they are gone all those contaminants are free to wreak havoc on your lungs which could even lead to lung cancer.

Thirdly, its not cheap. Why waste your money on anything like this? If its free then I'd still say no. Why would you want to mooch off of someone else for something that is so frivilous. If you did eventually make it a habit you'd be throwing your money away and always wondering where you'd get more. What if your supplier got busted. Then you'd be screwed and could even end up getting in trouble yourself. DON'T DO IT!

All I can say is that morals are a very important thing to hold onto. Don't sacrifice them for something so carelessly. Do you want to be the guy that people look up to and trust because they can see your level of ethics and morals in the way you present yourself? Or do you wanna be the guy that people like to have around because you are fun but wouldn't trust because they suspect you do drugs? This is a very minor step that could influence the rest of your life. Don't make a mistake you can't easily correct.

And also, its unwise to post something like this online. People have gotten in trouble via internet monitoring before. Just be careful whatever you do. Hope that this was at least a little helpful. Good luck.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
You speak the truth, Hayes. I agree 100%!

However if none of these morons ever did these moronic things again it would make for a pretty boring planet.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Oh, come on, Hayes. We all know your evenings consist of getting baked and playing World of Warcraft til 5am.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
OK, here's my 2 cents...
As someone who started smoking pot in High School, and as someone who litterally cannot tell you anything about their senior year, MY advice is just let it go.
The first time you smoke weed is pretty much going to leave you flat, since many people don't actually have a reaction other than coughing a lot. That means you have to do it again to try to get high. When you do get high, it's great and fun and all that, but it actually gets old after a while- at least it did for me. You will probably smoke too much and get sick too. There's a party.....
Then there is the after-effects that no one seems to remember about. Coming down is hard. You can be grumpy, or feel like you got hit by a truck, or a number of different and equally negative reactions.
Now, for everyone that says you must try it, I completely disagree. His life isn't going to end if he decides not to smoke. He's not going to lose sleep, have sexual dysfunction, lose his money, get fired from his job, wreck his mustang, or anything else. The only thing that would happen is that the "friends" that offered it might ridicule him for not doing the cool thing, but in the end, respect him for being strong enough to say no.
I have plenty of friends that smoke weed, a few that do X and acid, and I'm sure that one of them does Coke. That's all fine and dandy for them, but it's not for me, and I made that choice, and they respect me for it. Because honestly, many of them can't say no anymore. It's too much a part of their life- who they are, and how they get through their days. Just like I have a horrendoustime trying to quit smoking regular cigarettes. 25 years of this habit makes it really hard to stop.
My advice to the OP is this: This is up to you and you alone. We can all give advice, personal experience, and opinion, but in the end, it's really your choice and yours alone. It's great to be armed with good information, but you have to apply it as you see fit. Curiosity is a strong pull, added with peer-pressure makes it seem appealing, but make sure that you are doing what you want, and not what everyone else thinks you should want.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Thanks a lot for your responses guys, and Hayes you really need to stop playing Warcraft.
xD
I rather spend my money on my car, after reading all of your responses I have come to the conclusion that I won't risk anything by doing it. Sorry if I broke the rules by posting this here but most of the people on this forum are quite intelligent and I trust them. Thank you.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Wait until after high school. Too many bad things can happen if you get caught in high school with you college school selection etc. I felt I saw more people in high school getting in trouble for getting high before school than anything else. Don't do it cause you are pressured to do, do what you want to do.

H

Hayesimus

True. But waiting is even worse. If you get caught when you are a legal adult you can face jail time. If its during highschool and you are a minor then the punishment is less severe. Just don't do it, ever!

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
True. But waiting is even worse. If you get caught when you are a legal adult you can face jail time. If its during highschool and you are a minor then the punishment is less severe. Just don't do it, ever!
The first time I did it was starting college (4 years ago), none of the people who I know who have gotten in trouble did jail time. They only received fines and probation, but no jail time. Being on a college campus where it is more existent, they might be more "lenient".

If you are worried about getting caught, don't do it. It really isn't worth it. That is why I stopped, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.