SMS Backup

iceless

Jan 14, 2009
Hi there...

I've just received my iPhone3G yesterday. Love it!

I have a habit of saving my SMS messages. Is there any possibility of saving my SMS messages? Like a cut and paste function? I can't seem to highlight the text messages and copy them.

Thanks.

Nov 10, 2008
You are encountering some long standing gripes that iPhone users have with Apple: no copy/paste, no SMS forwarding/editing... The list is actually quite long.

Depending on the type of person you are and how u use a mobile, you'll get past them and love the hell outa this phone or you will just hate it and think it's crap.

Personally, I love the phone faults and all - I still say a oil prayer before every firmware update though.

PS: welcome to EiC! Regardless of what you think of the iPhone you'll still love it here. P

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
If you jailbreak there are a few applications available through cydia that allow you to back up your sms as well as address other features the iPhone is lacking. It's a personal choice whether you jailbreak and if you do it voids your warranty. When I got mine I had all intentions of keeping it stock, after a week I couldn't take it and jailbroke it.

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
why not sync your iPhone daily?

Nov 10, 2008
I've still been to chicken to jailbreak even though they say these days the chances of your phone bricking are minute.

What I wanna know is if they can tell you jailbroke if your restore your original firmware before you take it back for repair or whatever. P

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I do not believe that they can if you restore and set it back up as a new phone. Some people have said they can. I wonder how hard they would even look.

Nov 10, 2008
Good point shutter. Still I'm not sure if I can afford to take the risk. In my country tech and everything to do with it is ridiculously expensive - especially in this economic climate. P

iceless

Jan 14, 2009
Hi guys.

Thanks for the prompt feedback. Yeah, it's kind of funny, we can't cut/paste with the iPhone. But I love the other features.... ehehe...

Regards,

iceless.