SMS bubbles - color pack?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi,

Does anyone have a link for a set of glossy SMS bubbles (like the stock ones) just in multiple colors? I used to change them with Customize but have never returned because support for that seemed to be worse than Microsoft.

I ran a Google search but didn't return anything other than matte bubbles.

Thanks!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
You want different colors other than the stock colors? Just use photoshop. I did that when I was jailbroken. Just find the default png's somewhere (should be easy).

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Or you could check cydia. I believe if you add the pwncenter repository, you'll find some under themes (SMS)

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
so you guys are able to add SMS theme on your 3G FW3.0?

I installed mario SMS theme, and have winterboard checked it, however, it doesn't show up....

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
From what I've read in a few different forums. Not all themes seem to be working. The star trek theme I setup for my roommate's 3G worked fine.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
There are two i saw under themes in Cydia. But the one i used was Vegasflyboy's theme at Modmyi. Plus i added a few different bundles and sounds to it.

Jul 27, 2009
theres one on cydia

i found one the other day on cydia. its called SMS Balloon Colors. it comes with color sets already and they work with 3.0 but if you would like to mix the colors around you can ssh them to your computer root/library/themes/SMS Balloon Colors and then take eachone off and put them on your desktop. Then when you have the 2 you like ssh again into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework
Just replace Balloon_1.png for SENT and Balloon_2.png for RECEIVED.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I obtained the source PNG files and use the Hue tool in Photoshop to adjust the color to my needs, then I SSH them back into the iPhone. Works great!