SMS character counter

ghosty86

Nov 19, 2007
Hi,

I was wondering is there a Jailbreak app that informs you when you go over the 160 character limit in an SMS message? I find it so easy to write large messages on the iPhone because of the iChat style so it would be useful if there was a way to be told when you had reached the end of one SMS and were going onto the next.

Also, is there an app to keep track of how many SMS you have sent, as I wouldn't like to go over my 500 text limit as the iPhone tarrifs are steep enough as it is!

I haven't jailbroken my iPhone yet, and to be honest those 2 apps are the only reason I would do it at the moment.

Has there been any word on the rumour mill if either of those 2 features are likely to appear in a coming firmware release?

Oct 9, 2007
Text Count

I am not sure about the character counter. However there is a way to know your text and data usage wothout jailbreaking. Go to phone put in *3282# and press call. It will automatically send you a text message with the number of texts used and the amount of data used. This is a free text, meaning it doesn't count as one of your 500.

ghosty86

Nov 19, 2007
I am not sure about the character counter. However there is a way to know your text and data usage wothout jailbreaking. Go to phone put in *3282# and press call. It will automatically send you a text message with the number of texts used and the amount of data used. This is a free text, meaning it doesn't count as one of your 500.
Is that for O2?

ghosty86

Nov 19, 2007
O1? I was meaning the UK network O2. I tried that code but it said "Error performing request. No network service."