SMS delivery reports setting?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Euroclie

Aug 13, 2007
Paris, France
Hello,

I couldn't google anything about this, and since the iPhone hasn't been released in Europe at this time I know no owner of a 'usable' (as in: phone part can be operated) iPhone, and I figured I might have a chance to get some info by posting my question here... I hope this is the right forum!

Anyway, does any iPhone user know if there's a setting somewhere to enable (or maybe it is enabled right from the start without having to play with settings) SMS delivery reports? I know that this is something that I miss on my current smartphone (Palm Treo), and given the rather similar text message interface, I'd not be completely surprised to learn that the iPhone doesn't handle this, but it'd be nice to know for sure before purchasing one when it's released here in France... ;)

Thanks in advance for any help or pointer on this subject!

Happy iPhone day to you all...

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Hello,

I couldn't google anything about this, and since the iPhone hasn't been released in Europe at this time I know no owner of a 'usable' (as in: phone part can be operated) iPhone, and I figured I might have a chance to get some info by posting my question here... I hope this is the right forum!

Anyway, does any iPhone user know if there's a setting somewhere to enable (or maybe it is enabled right from the start without having to play with settings) SMS delivery reports? I know that this is something that I miss on my current smartphone (Palm Treo), and given the rather similar text message interface, I'd not be completely surprised to learn that the iPhone doesn't handle this, but it'd be nice to know for sure before purchasing one when it's released here in France... ;)

Thanks in advance for any help or pointer on this subject!

Happy iPhone day to you all...
Nope the iPhone doesn't have this feature. However unlike most other phones. Once you press send in the SMS/Text window for a message, it doesn't go through it will fail and tell you and you have to resend it. But this is only due to poor coverage when you are sending it, nothing about the other person actually getting the message.