SMS E-mail Address?

Overscore

Feb 15, 2008
Chester County, PA
Hi forum. I have an iPhone in its default state with AT&T as the service provider. Is there an e-mail address that can be used to send an SMS message to my phone? I had a Nextel phone before, and if I e-mailed [my phone number]@messaging.nextel.com, it'd come as an SMS message.

Thank you

Oct 9, 2007
Actually I just found a nice website today. it is www.pktpix.com if you go there you can read about it but basically it saves you the trouble of having to know all those @whatever.com things. You can send a message to

(your number)@pktpix.com

and it doesn't matter what service provider you have. You can also send pictures this way and avoid that viewmymessage.com thing.

CG
www.cgausvik.com

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Actually I just found a nice website today. it is www.pktpix.com if you go there you can read about it but basically it saves you the trouble of having to know all those @whatever.com things. You can send a message to

(your number)@pktpix.com

and it doesn't matter what service provider you have. You can also send pictures this way and avoid that viewmymessage.com thing.

CG
www.cgausvik.com
This is a great site for picture sending. The user sending you photos still need to have some sort of email on their phone though, so it only party helps. It's perfect for iPhone to iPhone though!

phop5

Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Interestingly, that was the first one that I tried, but it didn't work. I wonder if it varies by region or some other variance.
i've been trying this all day and has not worked.

Overscore

Feb 15, 2008
Chester County, PA
i've been trying this all day and has not worked.
Which ones have you tried? It seems that it's just trial and error to find the right one for your phone. :-/ Here are some ones to try.
  • mobile.att.net
  • mms.att.net
  • mobile.mycingular.com
  • mmode.com
Or maybe AT&T could tell you.

phop5

Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Which ones have you tried? It seems that it's just trial and error to find the right one for your phone. :-/ Here are some ones to try.
  • mobile.att.net
  • mms.att.net
  • mobile.mycingular.com
  • mmode.com
Or maybe AT&T could tell you.
i've tried - @txt.att.net- text, but no picture delivered
i've tried- @mms.att.net- nothing delivered

Jun 18, 2009
Depending upon when you got your AT&T phone number and if you were served by a company which was absorbed by AT&T, you may have a different email->sms gateway. I got my gateway online (via my online AT&T account), which may work for you as well. Mine was number@txt.att.net.

Note that the first time I sent a test sms via email it took several hours to arrive; the next time I tried it, the message came in a few seconds. Your mileage may vary.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania