SMS error, reseting to summerboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
Hi,
Today while recharging my iPhone in the dock. I got an strange SMS with strange characters ¬¬¬| and those not not normally on keyboards. I tried to go onto the SMS icon, the icon trid to load the SMS app and it wont come up, meaning the phone goes back to the home screen (summerboard) everything else works that I can see as for now, phone works...

tried to rebooting the phone several times, but wouldn't work, also I have received more messages from other phones and I can receive them, just when i click on the SMS icon, it will send me to the home screen.

I don't want to restore via iTunes, since i have an unlocked 1.0.2 with anysim 1.0.2...

does anyone has seen the same problem?

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
will restoring my iPhone from iTUnes will brick it? since I used anysim1.0.2?

im trying to avoid at all costs using revirginizer... seems too complicated and unstable. I just want my SMS deleted, but cant do it since the SMS app does not starts OK

giospace

Nov 1, 2007
Man thats what i am searchi i am having the same problem....the same exact one and i don't want to restore or anything else...guys finally i found the same problem and i am really so desperate of that............please answer him and me....pleaseeeeeeee.....hope that some one will help us.............:(:(:)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This happened to me, but it wasn't on 1.0.2, but rather 1.1.2. Sorry guys but a restore was really the only way. Revirginizing is not as unstable as you think, I did it on my phone and it worked phone. Just add the source i.unlock.no in Installer and then you will be able to download the app The Revirginizer 1.0.2. Just let it run and it will fix everything. Now do a restore in iTunes. I suggest updating to atleast 1.1.1. Then just download anySIM 1.1 from the same source, and run that instead. If you want to update to 1.1.2, you must update to 1.1.1 first and then download Oktoprep from Installer first, and then update to 1.1.2.

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
fix it, hopefully

I think i fixed it.

went to settings, general, erase all content and settings (without synx first in iTunes)

the phone restarted, then iTunes told me if i wanted to restore from the backup, selected yes.

everything is there again, my 3rd party apps, music, calendar, contacts, all. I just lost my iPhones camera pictures and my summerboard prefs and themes which I suppose i can resotre with an uninstall and reintall from installer.

phone working, sms working, all. it was a big scare for me, but all is good, so far so good!