SMS failure

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
This is weird. Couple of days ago my SMSs stopped getting to one of my friends. This particular friend I can still call and mms (and mms with a message) without problem to their same mobile number I've been using for the past year. I can receive calls, SMS & mms still from them but cannot sms reply, although within my message app it works as normal showing it sending & it doesn't show "not delivered". I use bite SMS through my carrier but have also tried Apple message App. I have deleted friends # in my phone and re entered it manually. I have deleted friends # and added it to a different contact in my phone. Just that number has the sms problem. No problem sending SMS to all other contacts.
I have not changed any settings and no, I don't have them in "iBlacklist". They have not changed anything on their mobile either.
Can anyone shed any light?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
1. Do they have an iPhone with iMessages turned on?
2. Did they recently switch from an iPhone to Android?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
This is weird. Couple of days ago my SMSs stopped getting to one of my friends. This particular friend I can still call and mms (and mms with a message) without problem to their same mobile number I've been using for the past year. I can receive calls, SMS & mms still from them but cannot sms reply, although within my message app it works as normal showing it sending & it doesn't show "not delivered". I use bite SMS through my carrier but have also tried Apple message App. I have deleted friends # in my phone and re entered it manually. I have deleted friends # and added it to a different contact in my phone. Just that number has the sms problem. No problem sending SMS to all other contacts.
I have not changed any settings and no, I don't have them in "iBlacklist". They have not changed anything on their mobile either.
Can anyone shed any light?
Ask your friend to check that his data is turned on in his settings. Both data and wifi should be on for MMS, even if he's on wifi.

Sent using iCafe app

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Thanks for your inputs. Have now tried resets to no avail. MMS & calls from me are still ok to that mobile # & friend can call, MMS & SMS to me? Gonna try deleting contact entirely from phone & Mac then sync see if that helps. Still weird.