SMS Inbox full?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
MA
So My inbox is full after 3 days of usage? What's going on? I should have 8 GB to play with, that's about 2400 copies of the King James Bible in plain text.

Come on Apple, 3 days of texting and your full? My old 8525 never became full and I was pushing 5000 messages...

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
So My inbox is full after 3 days of usage? What's going on? I should have 8 GB to play with, that's about 2400 copies of the King James Bible in plain text.

Come on Apple, 3 days of texting and your full? My old 8525 never became full and I was pushing 5000 messages...
How much free space do you have on your iPhone? I am just curious if the number of songs/videos/pictures has any impact on this or not?

Jul 18, 2007
SIM Holds Text

I have the same silly problem. So I am assuming that the text messages are held on the SIM card. I may be way off. But I thought that on my Nokia the text messages would be held on there. Maybe that is why. For me I just looked at the thread of text I had the most in and cleared that one.

Apple needs to make it so that the Text Messages can be stored on the 8 Gig Hard Drive.

Why did I spend $600 to get SMS Full Messages?

I still love my iPhone: I just need some updates

cderalow

Jul 17, 2007
I think SMS is indeed stored on the phone, though I can't be entirely certain without another iPhone to check.

swapping my SIM into my gf's old nokia only reveals her past texts, and none of mine.

might have something to do with how the texts are stored.