SMS insert contact

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nickj

Jul 11, 2007
I have looked all over for this...

Is there a way to insert a contact number into a txt msg without having to manually type in the number? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

nickj

Jul 11, 2007
Welcome to EiP!

I don't think there is an insert contact option anywhere in the SMS app.
Well that's not the answer I was hoping for. Am I the only person who uses this type of functionality often? I don't memorize people's numbers, I depend on the contact being in my phone. This is a huge oversight by Apple IMO.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Well that's not the answer I was hoping for. Am I the only person who uses this type of functionality often? I don't memorize people's numbers, I depend on the contact being in my phone. This is a huge oversight by Apple IMO.
Well, the good thing is, you can just hit the home key, go back to your contact list and get it, and when you load the SMS app, it will be in the exact same spot you left it. :)
That's why I love having different "applications". Not just menus.
The ability to copy and paste would be nice, to top it off. That would solve your problem, and silence a lot of complaints, too.
Hey, at least it resolves URLs and Email addresses, as links!

Mar 7, 2010
If you're using 3.x firmware copy the number then paste to the message. :)

select the contact>Edit>select the number> Copy>goto message>Paste the contact in message body. You're done.

Good day...

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
If your phone is jb u can install bitesms. It has a contact option which inserts contacts name and number with the touch of a button. Tap the plus sign. U hit the 3rd button to the right of the camera and your contacts come up and u just touch which contact u want to insert and done. Name and number insterted.

Attachments

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
Does the clicking on the share contact button on the bottom of a contact not work for you? You can share it via mms or email.
Yes, it does work for me but seems that u can only share the contacts that u've already texted other wise u have to exit the SMS app and open your contacts.