SMS Issues/Questions/Future

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Just got done texting and i'm frustrated with the SMS app. Am i the only one hitting the return button so often instead of delete or "m"? Cant it be put somewhere else.

What about a cancel option? i'm sure everyone has accidentally sent something and wanted to cancel it right?

and its obvious the iPhone can have the keyboard in landscape mode, so can some expert here explain why it hasn't been implemented in the SMS app?

more and more i am holding my phone in landscape mode from games and apps to safari.. why not SMS!

thanks.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Just got done texting and i'm frustrated with the SMS app. Am i the only one hitting the return button so often instead of delete or "m"? Cant it be put somewhere else.
I haven't had any problems with that. So far.

What about a cancel option? i'm sure everyone has accidentally sent something and wanted to cancel it right?
So, you want a pop-up with every SMS saying "Are you sure?"

and its obvious the iPhone can have the keyboard in landscape mode, so can some expert here explain why it hasn't been implemented in the SMS app?

more and more i am holding my phone in landscape mode from games and apps to safari.. why not SMS!
People have been complaining since the release of the v1. It's not that it can't be implemented. Functionality will probably take a nosedive. In landscape mode the keyboard takes up a larger part of the screen. You may only see the last one or two messages in landscape mode.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
So, you want a pop-up with every SMS saying "Are you sure?"
Absolutely not. Can the send button not turn into "cancel" after it is pressed?

People have been complaining since the release of the v1. It's not that it can't be implemented. Functionality will probably take a nosedive. In landscape mode the keyboard takes up a larger part of the screen. You may only see the last one or two messages in landscape mode.
No problem for me and yes I realize everyone has been complaining and while I may be this post is just to see what others are thinking as well.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The only solution I can think of is being able to delete messenges sent. But, as far as I know SMS is send-only. So, this might just be a limitation of SMS.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Nope. Once you hit send, it is a goner. Better be sure you really want to send the message because there is no turning back once it is sent.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
i do wish i could cancel messages sent. my helio could do this and it was a cheapo.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
my biggest problem is hitting the "b" when i'm trying to hit spacebar! GOD i hate that!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008

thanks.

Because Steve Jobs thinks landscape is a picture of the countryside you hang on your wall:eek:

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I think that with everything it has to do with hand size. I have tiny hands, and I don't have any probs texting...and on the very rare chance that I do hit the wrong button, the spell checker gets it for me.

The only irk I have is when I am texting and I want to say a certain word (the F word is when this really happens) and it changes the word....My cussing has definitely gone down....I usually say "Duck that" now! LOL!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i don't think any phone can cancel sms (at least not att)
as for landscape mode...i used to think i wanted it too but i realize now that i would probably never use it

the keyboard gets too wide and actually slows my typing down
does that happen to anyone else?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'll often send a text and then notice a typo, so I have to send a corrected text (otherwise I would drive myself crazy) immediately after, it gets annoying at times. Fortunately I can usually proofread the texts prior to sending.