SMS out of order?

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Ugh, this is extremely annoying. but when I send a SMS message it is added in the right order but then when i receive one it is placed above my last sent message. SO annoying

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Mine seems to have fixed itself I guess? *knock on wood* Try a hard restart. I scrolled up and down the list of my text messages and also deleted all of my previous conversations. Seems to be working fine now.....

Dec 11, 2007
Yes I am getting this also. Plus I am getting safari crashing lol!

Anyhoo, I am currently doing a restore now. First one since I got it in the UK a couple of months ago so here goes!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
You know I am not usually one to make an issue but this thing with the text is to much. What really makes it worse is there is no way to downgrade, unless I missed something I am stuck with this firmware and this problem and that sucks. I am actually so upset about it I might just get another phone. I might sound dramatic but I use maybe 50 mins a month but close to 5000 text! Thats just how I communicate and if the messages are messed up its useless to me. I hope someone has either a way to downgrade or maybe even dare I say Apple fixes it soon.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think that the reason that sometimes the text come in out of order is because the person sending the message might be hitting Reply to Message, which probably marks it somehow so that when received on an iPhone, it tries to maintain what it "thinks" is the conversation order.
Of course, I could just me assuming WAAAAYY too much.

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
i have the SAMMME problem. & i'm more of a texter than a caller myself and i'm rather annoyed. if they don't fix this soon...adlsfjadsjfds!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I don't really see why there hasn't been an official response from Apple yet, even to just say they are fixing it. I would think that if enough people get upset that they will kiss those iPhones goodbye and stop recommending them to people they know, I recommened 4 friends to get iPhones and I also tell all my customers to get it, but with an issue like this, its really making me rethink that. I'm not being unreasonable, this is just a very important feature for me, and most of the people that I know, there is no reason that something as simple as this, a feature that has been around even before camera phones, and having the web on phones was even a dream to most people. I would hope that Apple wouldn't make those of us with the affected issue wait for another update, if that's the case I will soon be the proud owner of a Blackjack 2 or a Curve, and I won't look back.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I think that the reason that sometimes the text come in out of order is because the person sending the message might be hitting Reply to Message, which probably marks it somehow so that when received on an iPhone, it tries to maintain what it "thinks" is the conversation order.
Of course, I could just me assuming WAAAAYY too much.
umm about the reply to message thing, what else would they do to reply to your text? i don't see how that would do anything to the order, because everyone (at least that i know) hits reply to message when they txt me and it has always worked fine with me along with everyone else. i assume that it has something to do with the texting multiple people, and how when they reply, it creates a separate thread for conversation, instead of putting each into the one thread.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I mean that you might text someone they respond, you text a couple more times and they respond to an earlier message, and when it comes in, the iPhone puts it behind the message the person responded to instead of the last message you sent.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
umm about the reply to message thing, what else would they do to reply to your text? i don't see how that would do anything to the order, because everyone (at least that i know) hits reply to message when they txt me and it has always worked fine with me along with everyone else. i assume that it has something to do with the texting multiple people, and how when they reply, it creates a separate thread for conversation, instead of putting each into the one thread.
Agree. I haven't had this issue earlier. My girl friend sometimes sends SMS through yahoo messenger and we chat for long time. Never had this issue until this new update. Apple please do something!