SMS Problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
Anyone else having a problem with SMS? I found a site called txtDrop.com. Seemed like what I needed so the wife can send text messages to my iPhone. It didn't work so I email the people at the site and got a speedy response telling me that if I "ported" my number it "wouldn't" work! Hmmm what's the deal with a ported number? Anyhow He/She went on to say that I could use (textforfree.org) so I go there and send SMS to my iPhone and I get nothing! IAm I missing something here? Am I doing something wrong? I know my SMS works because I use it with my boss at work. I emailed the people at the site again but have not gotten a response.

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
daziPhone,

Ported numbers are okay to use with SMS. I have ported mine over and used SMS without issue.

I am assuming you need people to email you and for you to get the SMS msg. Anyone can send you a text-message from any email by using:

aaabbbyyyy@txt.att.net
(where aaabbbyyyy=your iPhone number)

Try it out. It should work for you.

Dave :laugh2:

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
daziPhone,

Ported numbers are okay to use with SMS. I have ported mine over and used SMS without issue.

I am assuming you need people to email you and for you to get the SMS msg. Anyone can send you a text-message from any email by using:

aaabbbyyyy@txt.att.net
(where aaabbbyyyy=your iPhone number)

Try it out. It should work for you.

Dave :laugh2:
That works. Thanks. It doesn't explain why I can't get a SMS from a website tho?