SMS Templates?

Feb 10, 2009
I need (I really do need!) an sms program that has templates. I send 20 or 30 messages a day that I have to type each time that could easily be saved as templates if the program allowed. My phone has been "broke" and I do not mind spending a few dollars IF the program allowed templates, landscape and the ability to delete parts of a conversation rather then the whole thread.

Any suggestions?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
mySMS will do all that, it's free, but the free version requires you to wait to send sms for 30 seconds for 20% of the messages you send, regular version is 4.99.

Feb 10, 2009
I just installed mySMS, but can't figure out how to make a template. I don't mind paying for the program, but only if I can make templates. Any help with that would be appreciated...

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I need (I really do need!) an sms program that has templates. I send 20 or 30 messages a day that I have to type each time that could easily be saved as templates if the program allowed. My phone has been "broke" and I do not mind spending a few dollars IF the program allowed templates, landscape and the ability to delete parts of a conversation rather then the whole thread.

Any suggestions?
If you don't mind paying some $, then look at this.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
It's a little convoluted to get to, but it's not too hard.

1. Compose a new sms, or reply to a conversation.
  2. After selecting a contact to send the new message too, select "insert"
  3. Select Template
  4. Select Edit
  5. From there you can edit or delete an existing template or create a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

djayme7

Aug 11, 2009
new apps

Any suggestions?

there are now 2 i found sms templates .99, and pasties full and lite 1.99 and free. hope it helps, i really needed them!

tuc73

Aug 7, 2011
I use a tool called SMS BLOCKS on my iPhone to manage my sms templates. Give it a try - it works pretty well for me. I hope it helps :)

Kimbaroo

Nov 7, 2011
If you go under messages, it has shortcuts, the default being omw converting to On my way!

I just use this as my template and have shortcuts that i remember well, ie 'sm' comes out as "I am unable to make our meeting at 12:00 on 1/1/111, Can we reschedule for 12:00 on 1/2/1111." and just change dates ect, No need for a 3rd party app.