SMS text receipant name.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 21, 2007
When I receive and sms and my iPhone is sleeping, it wakes up and shows the SMS in a popup mode. However, the contact name isn't displayed. Only the persons numbers, as in, +65 ########. When I go to my SMS folder however, the persons name is displayed. Is there anyway to enable display of contact name in SMS received?

Sep 21, 2007
yes of course. But the person's name isn't displayed when i receive the sms. I got to enter to my sms folder and then the person's name is displayed.:(

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
And the person is sending you a text message from the same phone number you have associated with them in your contact list?

Sep 21, 2007
Yes sir. As I said, I cant see the contact's name when I first receive the sms in popup form. I can only see the person's number. But if i go to the sms in my sms folder, the person's name is displayed at the top.

Sep 21, 2007
Reset/reboot the phone?

that didn't work. Hmm. This is weird. because the iPhone can identify who calls me and link it with my Contacts perfectly although I had to edit the plist for that to work properly. Maybe there is a file that needs to be edited for this?:eek:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
When I receive and sms and my iPhone is sleeping, it wakes up and shows the SMS in a popup mode. However, the contact name isn't displayed. Only the persons numbers, as in, +65 ########. When I go to my SMS folder however, the persons name is displayed. Is there anyway to enable display of contact name in SMS received?
That's strange!? If you got the contact name + number it should then only show the name in the pop up! There is no where on the iPhone to change this! I remember seeing a setting on my old 1V 1.1.4 where you could get an preview of the message or not - but not changing the name/number...

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
+65. Sounds like Singapore