SMS texting

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Anyone else experience probs with receiving texts? I can send but unable to receive? what?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Has this been an issue since getting the phone or did it start recently? I might suggest a restore just to make sure everything is swiped and clean. Also, have you tried receiving texts from several people or is it just one person? It might be their phone unable to send (unless it's more than one person in which case this doesn't apply).

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Apple had restored it once today...because of the lag in contacts...which didn't correct it anyway.

i just restored and called att, att rebooted my txt and vmail....told me to soft reboot. i soft reboot, still the same...then restore again.

ive requested several friends to txt me....not receiving none...how about you guys?

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
it might have been an issue... when i first picked up the phone i could receive certain peoples text....and now none

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
nothing here.
Works fine. Tell them to replace it :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think you may have a bum phone. If you're already asked Apple and AT&T and restored then it is probably just a hardware issue. I would visit Apple and get a replacement.

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yeah im gonna get in the crowd at Apple and have them replace it....
speaking of replacement... theyll program the new phone with my number...how will they delete it from the current phone?

i noticed when they restore the phone my number still appears...

should i take out the sim card?

I think you may have a bum phone. If you're already asked Apple and AT&T and restored then it is probably just a hardware issue. I would visit Apple and get a replacement.

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
here's the deal, I swap for a new phone and I'm not receiving text from other phone carriers but receive text from people with AT&T.

Called AT&T. And the girl wasn't able to resolve my issue, told me their technician will call me Mon morning. WTF!?!?

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
after about 45mins on the phone with AT&T they figured what was wrong... basically the profile attached to my # was incorrect. Of course they did whatever they needed to do to correct the problem....and credit me $20 since i have the unlimited text messaging plan.

keep in mind i also exchanged for a new iPhone , thinking it was the phone....