SMS Times

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mr D

Bronze
Sep 13, 2007
How doesthe iPhone display times for SMS messages? it doesn't display the time of every message for me and it'll randomly display the time every few messages. how does this system work exactly?

trant01

Jul 14, 2007
How doesthe iPhone display times for SMS messages? it doesn't display the time of every message for me and it'll randomly display the time every few messages. how does this system work exactly?
I was wondering the same thing. Anyone with any ideas?

pooh

Sep 3, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
I was wondering the same thing. Anyone with any ideas?
i think it works when you are holding a constant convo with someone it shows the beginning time of the convo... now for instance if in between that convo one of you pauses during (don't know how long?) it will show the time where the convo picked up, and so forth... if that helps any

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Depends, If its AT&T to AT&T should be almost instant unless the phone is unavailable (No signal, in use.. etc ). From AT&T to a different network.... when it gets there... heh.. Unfortunately No network gaurantees on how long it will take to be delivered due to so many factors that are usually your provider has no control over.

Mr D

Bronze
Sep 13, 2007
Depends, If its AT&T to AT&T should be almost instant unless the phone is unavailable (No signal, in use.. etc ). From AT&T to a different network.... when it gets there... heh.. Unfortunately No network gaurantees on how long it will take to be delivered due to so many factors that are usually your provider has no control over.
I'm not worried about how long it will take, I'm just wondering how the iPhone dictates when to show the time of the SMS message.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I think that I read somewhere that it works in 5 minute intervals. If your conversation lasts 10 mins then you should have 2 timestamps...

Mr D

Bronze
Sep 13, 2007
what about if more than 5 minutes lapse between texts?
No it's weird. If you keep a conversation going it won't time stamp anything. But if you stop a while (I guess 15+ minutes?) then it will re-time stamp it. I'm not even sure if it's 15 minutes, it might be 30...it's just weird. I'd like time on every txt message...