SMS tip Ireland

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
little tip for Irish users of the iPhone. OK so 02 has screwed us with our tariffs compared to our American and European counterparts. Well if 150 texts for €65 ($100) per month sounds crap...... well it is. Just in case you haven't figured this out and you be surprised how many people don't know. O2 Ireland gives every customer (not just iPhone customers) 250 free web based national/international texts every month. Soooo use your iPhones data tariff/wifi to access O2 web site via safari and send texts to your mates all around the world for free.

patdescon

Mar 23, 2008
I am coming home to Ireland to visit in April - I have a 'ready to go' Vodafone Sim - will my iPhone wifi still work ?
Thanks

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I am coming home to Ireland to visit in April - I have a 'ready to go' Vodafone Sim - will my iPhone wifi still work ?
Thanks
I shouldn't think you wifi network access will be affected by your Sim. Its your credit card that will have to bear the brunt of the wifi charges here. There are some free wifi spots i.e. MacDonalds. Good luck with your trip!