SMSd blank?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Hello,
I installed a little app called SMSd, via the Installer, but when I open it all I get is a white blank screen.

I have a 1.0.2 iPhone is that something that I am missing?

Thanks
JW

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Hello,
I installed a little app called SMSd, via the Installer, but when I open it all I get is a white blank screen.

I have a 1.0.2 iPhone is that something that I am missing?

Thanks
JW
Give it time to load... May take a bit depending on how many sms's you have.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Give it time to load... May take a bit depending on how many sms's you have.
Thank you for your reply.
I let it along in fact while it has a blank white screen I cant do anything anyway.
Its like frozen at that point.
Within a few moments (like a minute) it automatically reverts back to the home screen with all the apps/icons.
So in other words it goes white locks up and then closes.

Not sure what its doing and why?

Thanks

m.o.r.

Oct 25, 2007
hi n0m0n,

just try rebooting the phone. i always reboot after a new install to refresh the memory. i also have 1.0.2 and SMSd 0.3 works great on mine.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
hi n0m0n,

just try rebooting the phone. i always reboot after a new install to refresh the memory. i also have 1.0.2 and SMSd 0.3 works great on mine.
Tried I also un-istalled and reinstalled but still when I open the app its only a white screen and then after about a minute of being locked up it got back to the iPhone home screen

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
i have installed this smsd application via iPhone browser...
I manage to put the files on the correct folders, after completion, i check on my iPhone. It open the application, but it appears to be blank also, few seconds it will go direct to home menu...many times i tried, still the same thing...

then I decided to remove it...

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
i have installed this smsd application via iPhone browser...
I manage to put the files on the correct folders, after completion, i check on my iPhone. It open the application, but it appears to be blank also, few seconds it will go direct to home menu...many times i tried, still the same thing...

then I decided to remove it...
The first reply above (rxmxsh) was correct in my situation.
After I deleted a few of my text's, the messages started to appear in SMSd.
It would appear I had to many messages, and SMSd timed out hence returning to the home screen.

Unfortunately the whole reason I wanted SMSd on my phone was to save parts of certain text's while deleting other parts of the history.
Oh well...

Thanks
JW

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
Nomon;

bro I have only one message on my sms....
I don't know also how to change the permission to 755...

also what is winSCP? i install this application through iPhonebrowser...

Sep 29, 2007
If you are having so much trouble with SMSd there is a much better application called weTool. I posted a thread about it which should not be hard to find. I send almost 7000sms messages a month so I always have a large SMS inbox. It took me some time to load all my messages using SMSd but it always came up after awhile.

If rebooting does not work I recommend a restore and upgrade to 1.1.1 and go to www.jailbreakme.com, jailbreak your phone and try it again. If not I highly recommend weTool. It loads faster and has more abilities than SMSd.

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
If you are having so much trouble with SMSd there is a much better application called weTool. I posted a thread about it which should not be hard to find. I send almost 7000sms messages a month so I always have a large SMS inbox. It took me some time to load all my messages using SMSd but it always came up after awhile.

If rebooting does not work I recommend a restore and upgrade to 1.1.1 and go to www.jailbreakme.com, jailbreak your phone and try it again. If not I highly recommend weTool. It loads faster and has more abilities than SMSd.
currently using wetool, i just only want ot make this smsd application to work with my iPhone...

tnx

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Nomon;

bro I have only one message on my sms....
I don't know also how to change the permission to 755...

also what is winSCP? i install this application through iPhonebrowser...
http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16264

Look at #7 post in this thread.
It will explain all of this.

winSCP is a file manager for PC's.
(google search winSCP)
There are different MAC version or apps that will allow you to go into the iPhone to make changes as well.

BUT JUST LIKE ANY OPERATING SYSTEM, YOU CAN MESS THINGS UP IF YOU: DELETE, MOVE, RENAME, THE WRONG FILES, or FOLDERS ETC.

Be careful

JW

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Crashing

I read a thread that this app might be crashing iPhones. Putting them in endless reboot loops.