SMSD vs WeTools - which do you recommend?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I've been using WeToolsUS for awhile now. I like it, although there hasn't been any recent updates to it for awhile. I've noticed a few threads mentioning SMSD. If anyone has used both, can you tell me which one you prefer?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I've been using WeToolsUS for awhile now. I like it, although there hasn't been any recent updates to it for awhile. I've noticed a few threads mentioning SMSD. If anyone has used both, can you tell me which one you prefer?
Started off with WeToolUS because I digged the slick interface, but later rediscovered that SMSD had some serious functionality updates. I switched over to it immediately. While I don't use it regularly, it definitely excels past WeToolUS in terms of features offered. Hope this helps. :laugh2:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
SMSD is better. It's more simplistic yet has more features, such as being able to create a new text. WeTOOL doesn't do this, and has a bunch of funky English misspellings.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
SMSD works great! One of my iPhone wish list items come true.
Now if I could just get the MMS to work on my iPhone:(.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
What do you use WeTool for? SMSD will only send SMS messages (to multiple people and such, it works great). However if you are looking to delete individual phone calls you'll need to use WeTool as well. Personally I use SMSD for all my text messaging that requires me to send it to multiple people and it works great. I've tried both, but just didn't like WeTool very much.

H

Hayesimus

well I opted for wetool just so I wouldn't have to have two sep icons. But my question is this. Does smsd work alone now. Luke someone said it can create texts too. So could I download it and hide my regular SMS app and be on my merry way? Would this cause any problems?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
well I opted for wetool just so I wouldn't have to have two sep icons. But my question is this. Does smsd work alone now. Luke someone said it can create texts too. So could I download it and hide my regular SMS app and be on my merry way? Would this cause any problems?
Yes you can create new texts right out of SMSd. Answers to those texts are going to come through your regular text program, though.

Sep 29, 2007
SMSD is better functionally. It works with the tweak to letting your inbox have over 1000 messages and also it shows the idicator showing you have a message. Also it sends multiple messages faster compared to weTool. weTool looks much better with its transactions and its pages but doesn't function aswell. If you notice with weTool it also adds a 1 before the number so if you have a 1 in front of a number already it goes 11********** and wont work.

My 2 cents.

H

Hayesimus

well if it can't replace it then i'm just gonna stick with weTool. I don't do a lot of mass texting anyway. i just liked it for its delete purposes and i'd rather not have to have two sep deleting apps. Text and Calls. now if SMSD was to adopt a call deletion ability then i'd check it out. I just want to keep my springboard uncluttered for the most part.