Snapture is now in the app store!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I hope I got your attention.
If you have used this app when it was for a jailbroken phone, now you can get it through the App Store in iTunes!
AND- it's available right now for a low introductory price of only $1.99 -75% off the regular price.

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend this app! Grab it while it's cheap!

(btw, I tried searching for it in the Apps store, and could not find it, but did find a link to it here: http://appshopper.com/photography/snapture )

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I used to use Snapture back in the day, but it seems there are several (free) camera apps now in the App Store. What sets Snapture apart?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The zoom feature, the tap anywhere to take a pic. 3 shot burst... there are a couple things.
I think the zoom feature is probably my favorite, and I can assume that with a 3GS, the pictures will be even better.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
from the app shopper page:

"► You've tried the rest, now try the best. 500,000 customers can't be wrong.◄

No one trick ponies here. Snapture is the next generation camera app that delivers a comprehensive feature set that will truly revolutionize the way you take photos on the iPhone.

Snapture's Picture-in-Picture (QuickView) feature is a patent-pending technology built from the ground up with the user in mind. Snap a picture and instantly see the result in the corner of your screen. Need a closer look? Simply press and hold the picture. Want to email a good picture or delete a bad one? Simply slide the thumbnail across the screen. You'll never have to access the camera roll again!

Need Zoom? Simply use your fingers to Pinch and Pan the viewfinder like you would with a normal photo, Snapture's patent-pending multi-touch zoom technology will take care of the rest. Capture exactly what you want. 5X zoom for the most discerning of photographers.

►But wait. There's more!(RIP Billy Mays)◄

Snapture's full-function feature set also includes:

✓ High Speed Multishot: 3 rapid fire snaps to capture every moment of action.
✓ Easy Snap: Tap anywhere on screen to take a photo. You know you're hot - take self-photos!
✓ TouchZone: Stabilize or cancel your shot using TouchZone.
✓ Multiple Image Sizes: Most camera apps reduces image quality, Snapture allows for capture at full resolution.
✓ Level Aid
✓ Auto/Manual Save
✓ Tooltips, and much more!

► Testimonials: ◄

"Snapture appeared on the scene and immediately presented itself as a game changer for iPhone photography.”

--TouchPodium

"Snapture gives the stock camera App Wings. This app is pure genius. Thanks guys."

--Ron T

" I used Snapture to take 1426 pictures at the Coldplay concert last Friday night. It's great to have a Camera app so fast, so easy, I love it!"

--Charles B

"Snapture is the Usain Bolt of iPhone camera apps – it leaves the built-in app, and all others, lagging way behind."

--JustAnotheriPhoneBlog"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ok, my main reason for not using this app as much as the stock camera app was because it took too long to save, and if you exited the program before a save was finished, you lost your shot. Is that still the case?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'll let you know soon. I'm downloading it now. It's strange that you cannot search for it in iTunes or the Apps Store on the phone, but the link I posted above works for both.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, just played around with it. better than I remember, and @psylichon, if you exit before saving a pic, the number of pics waiting to be saved shows up as a badge on the app icon, so no lost pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'll let you know soon. I'm downloading it now. It's strange that you cannot search for it in iTunes or the Apps Store on the phone, but the link I posted above works for both.
Very interesting indeed. I thought Apple incorporated an improved search engine in iTunes 9.

Anyway re: the app although I, too, have numerous free or .99 camera apps that perform most of these features none of them have the high speed multi-shot feature. I'm thinking about getting it for that feature alone. Have you tested multi-shot yet Hawk? I also like the ability to capture at full res.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've worked with a pre-release (identical to final build) of this and it's superb. Multishot (burst mode) works nicely, zoom is better than on any other app I've seen, and the UI of this app is just excellent - much better even than the Snapture I remember from back in old school JB days.

Just one quick example of its all-round slickness - you can simply swipe on a thumbnail of a just-taken pic and get on-screen options to delete the pic if you don't like it, or email it with in-app email - so you're always staying within the app and ready to snap again super quickly.

I've got a pretty good preview post (mine is one of their App Store page testimonial quotes) - with plenty of screencaps - at my site, HERE.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Awesome review - Thanks for the feedback and quick reply. I'm sold and downloading now.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Seriously, I wouldn't endorse an app unless I think it's worth it- unless someone can show me something better.
I think Snapture is well worth it- especially at a buck 99. Too many features to ignore.
And MHR, 3 shot works very well, but you have to make sure you are still! LOL

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
I can second the opinion that this is a very good app. I used it on my 3g before i sold it and I have abolutely no complaints about it at all. It was easy to use. I would buy it now if I didn't already purchase camera genius, another good app. Their support was really good as well. Things may have chaged from when it was a jailbreak app, but I am assuming not that much has changed. I would rate it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Most importantly for me, how is the load time of the application, save time and how good is the zoom feature for the 3G? Does it make it grainier? Considering most photos taken with the stock camera app are unless you're in good lighting...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Has anyone got this app working on 3.0.1 ?

As I'm jailbroken and refuse to update to 3.1 until there's a JB.

It says on the iTunes page that it works on 3.1 or higher, can anyone confirm this?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Hawk for letting me know this is in the App Store and PatrickJ for your useful post and review. I'm downloading now. You can't beat the $1.99 price and I can always sacrifice my pork and beans for dinner for one evening anyway to make up for it. Btw...it does now show up in the App store under search.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just downloaded before realizing it doesn't work on 3.0.1. Alas, I'll have to wait to use it.
oooh you beat me to it. I've just downloaded as well. I'm a little hacked off that it doesn't work. Even though it clearly states on the iTunes page 3.1 or higher. Nevermind... I suppose I'll have to wait till the devs come up with a Jailbreak.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
oooh you beat me to it. I've just downloaded as well. I'm a little hacked off that it doesn't work. Even though it clearly states on the iTunes page 3.1 or higher. Nevermind... I suppose I'll have to wait till the devs come up with a Jailbreak.
Yeah, same boat. I really enjoy my jailbreak and don't NEED anything in 3.1. Oh well, at least I got the app before a price jump or anything like that.