Snapture, Mobile Flickr and Camera Roll

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I just installed Mobile Flickr and it's a great app.

I like to keep my camera roll empty to save space yet when viewing it in Mobile Flickr I had 17 photos!

Viewing it in camera roll showed nothing.

Now, I recognize these photos as being taken when I was trying get Snapture to work and it wasn't saving pictures to the camera roll (the latest update fixed that).

I have searched my iPhone using WINScp and can't find these rogue photos.

Where should I be looking? Is there a way to search for them? Mobile flickr displays the file names as IMG_012 for example.

Where does Mobile Flickr search for the camera roll as new photos I take don't appear in the camera roll when viewed in Mobile Flickr!

Frustrating or what!
TIA

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I thought I'd update this with my findings.

1.1.2 Camera Roll pictures are saved in var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE.

Mobile Flickr seems to look for them in var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE and consequently doesn't find any.

This was the same with the first release of Snapture camera app, with which I'm sure you are familiar. They fixed it on a later realease.

I've emailed Karl (Mobile Flickr developer) to see if he'll update the app.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Delete the APPLE100 folder in /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE and then just put a symlink there that points the the correct folder. Enter this command through a terminal on your iPhone, Mac, or through WinSCP:

ln -s /var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE

Your photos should go to the correct folder now, provided you have deleted the 100APPLE folder in the wrong directory first. If you don't the symlink will look like this and not work: /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE/100APPLE.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Delete the APPLE100 folder in /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE and then just put a symlink there that points the the correct folder. Enter this command through a terminal on your iPhone, Mac, or through WinSCP:

ln -s /var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE

Your photos should go to the correct folder now, provided you have deleted the 100APPLE folder in the wrong directory first. If you don't the symlink will look like this and not work: /var/root/mobile/DCIM/100APPLE/100APPLE.
Thanks for the help with this. I have a couple of questions before trying this though.

The photos currently go into the correct directory for Snapture, 1shoot and the stock camera app. All work fine. It's just Mobile flickr can't find them.

If I make this change how will it affect the other apps?

Does it matter what directory I'm in when I open Terminal Console in WINScp?

I'd rather be sure that Snapture, 1shoot and the stock camera app still work correctly than have Mobile flickr work and not be able to take photos.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the help with this. I have a couple of questions before trying this though.

The photos currently go into the correct directory for Snapture, 1shoot and the stock camera app. All work fine. It's just Mobile flickr can't find them.

If I make this change how will it affect the other apps?

Does it matter what directory I'm in when I open Terminal Console in WINScp?

I'd rather be sure that Snapture, 1shoot and the stock camera app still work correctly than have Mobile flickr work and not be able to take photos.
It wont affect the programs that are saving correctly. This Symlink is basically a detour for the data going to the wrong folder. It reroutes incoming data to the host folder, which is the correct location for viewing. Deleting the Symlink does not affect the host folder, just incase you were wondering.

Its imperative you place this symlink in the proper location for it to work as intended.

You can enter the command anywhere, its dealing with absolute directory structures, we're not using relative syntax.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Its imperative you place this symlink in the proper location for it to work as intended.
So I just open the terminal, paste in the Symlink and click Execute?

If I want to delete it afterwards, where will it be found?

Thanks for all the help.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
So I just open the terminal, paste in the Symlink and click Execute?

If I want to delete it afterwards, where will it be found?

Thanks for all the help.
1) yes
2) its a fake folder in the "wrong" directory that your app is currently saving to. Browse to that folder and delete it. The folder will appear with a small arrow on it like a shortcut, indicating it's a symlinked folder.
3) np

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Glad to have helped.

Happy modding.

Alexliam

May 25, 2008
Hi, I have the same problem that Rip, but when I try to do what x999x said nothing happens.

I think It's beacuse when I go to /var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE it goes to /var/root/Media/MNPlight/Photos/2008:05:19 14:58:17

I don't know what to do. Thanks.