SNES emulator

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
The SNES emulator is now available on installer. Has anyone tried the snes emulator on their iPhone yet? What's been your experience?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Yeah, its very good for a large number of games. Sound hasn't been implemented yet, but I can deal without it since its running Super Punchout at full speed :D Fair trade off imho.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Yeah, Zodttd released this publicly already, you should be able to find it under Community Sources, otherwise head over to http://www.zodttd.com for more info.

I'm one of the beta testers and we've got our own Installer Source (uses forum password), pretty slick set up, probably the best I've seen on the homebrew emu front. Its donationware, free to use, but you gotta wait for the releases, otherwise you pony up 5 bucks or so to have your membership upgraded to beta tester for his weekly updates (yeah he really updates that frequently).

You can also gain beta entry by simply creating and sharing a theme/skin for any of his emulators on his forum, or by creating a video of the emulator in action and posting it on youtube. I made a skin for the gba emulator and one day noticed I had access to the beta forums, I was like "WHOA!"

Mikozee

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
It's good but Megaman X doesn't run smoothly.... so it's pretty much useless for me...

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i is on installer...thats where i got it from...maybe you don't have the source...where it came from.....
can you direct me as to where to find it on installer? i can't seem to find it.

thanks.

perks

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Can anyone tell me if there is a snes emulator available and if so where from?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
FYI there is also a Playstation1 app.

Also Quake for the iPhone 3g is available. (warning, it is a VERY intensive/demanding game)

perks

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
ok Thanks ive downloaded it and followed instructions where to install it but it is not appearing on my iPhone, it worked for nes and genisis but not snes any ideas?

perks

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
its on my iPhone now but keeps kicking me back to spring board as soon as i try to open app,

dan80

Jan 26, 2008
same thing happens to mine. i click on it and it just crashes back to springboard. doesn't even open. anyone know what to do?

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
same thing happens to mine. i click on it and it just crashes back to springboard. doesn't even open. anyone know what to do?
a SNES emulator is available from cydia and installer. However this does not include ROMS so you will only get an icon that you can open but is empty

There is another thread within this Forum, so have a read..

perks

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
yes i know but the app doesn't even open, and i have already added roms to the correct folder. Also snes emulator is not available in Cydia.

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
yes i know but the app doesn't even open, and i have already added roms to the correct folder. Also snes emulator is not available in Cydia.
perks

I have added games to the correct folder too and still cant play any games

Before I added any games, I would click on the NES icon and a message would pop up saying 'No ROMs Found'

Having added a game last night..This message has now disappointed but no game is showing in my list ready to play?

Anyone know if I should try a new game to upload?

perks

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
my nes emulator is workin fine, its the SNES emulator that doesn't work..

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
I am curious if this uses the same ROM files as Znes?