Snowtrooper scored a iPad 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Scored a new (to me) 64GB WiFi iPad 2!
Did a side job for a resident at the property where I work.
He's an architect and embedded in the Apple ecosystem. I started feeding him news as the new iPad was imminent, and by launch day had worked out a deal if he did get the new one the 2 was mine.
He wasn't too sure if it was enough of an upgrade to replace an expensive piece of tech he just bought in November, but once the reports of the retina display were overwhelmingly positive, he was sold.
I asked him to please leave it running 5.0.1 so I could run Absinthe.

Just brought it home tonite and immediately encased it in an Otterbox Defender, since I'm sure the six year old Snowtrooper Jr. will be spending some time on it.

Started with a backup of my 4S, ran Absinthe and am going the be having fun with it for my three day weekend.
The wife and kids might even get to see it ;)

Super stoked! Haven't been able to justify purchasing one, but to get it essentially free..... :D

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
The Defender fit and look is excellent. I feel much better about the ipads future since its essentially for the family and 8 month old Tiberius is already wanting to drool on it. 6 year old Snowtrooper Jr. will probably do cartwheels when he gets home from school and sees it for the first time. If he's had a good day at school, I'll let him steal it for a bit....

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Really at a loss right now with the apps.
Kinda surprised so much of my stuff from my phone is minimized. I thought at least 10 or so of my apps, when. Iewed in the iTunes app tab listed some of them as iPad optimized....

Open to any suggestions.

SoulCalibur looks great. I play mainly word games on my 4S.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Scored a new (to me) 64GB WiFi iPad 2!
Did a side job for a resident at the property where I work.
He's an architect and embedded in the Apple ecosystem. I started feeding him news as the new iPad was imminent, and by launch day had worked out a deal if he did get the new one the 2 was mine.
He wasn't too sure if it was enough of an upgrade to replace an expensive piece of tech he just bought in November, but once the reports of the retina display were overwhelmingly positive, he was sold.
I asked him to please leave it running 5.0.1 so I could run Absinthe.

Just brought it home tonite and immediately encased it in an Otterbox Defender, since I'm sure the six year old Snowtrooper Jr. will be spending some time on it.

Started with a backup of my 4S, ran Absinthe and am going the be having fun with it for my three day weekend.
The wife and kids might even get to see it ;)

Super stoked! Haven't been able to justify purchasing one, but to get it essentially free..... :D
That's an awesome wallpaper, fancy sharing?

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
Nope, haven't tried Infinty Blade, either ;-)

Thinking about Soul Calibur. One of the few fighting games I always liked. Kinda spendy, tho....

I'll check out Jetpack Joyride
jet pack is addicting on the phone.. I was considering an otterbox but it's pricey.. I have a folio type case on my new iPad but the fingerprints are already driving me bonkers. Where did you get your background?