So are you serious that the iPod can't do this?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
So It looks to me that you cant save image files from emails to your iPhone. I hope that I am wrong. Someone tell me that I am wrong!
(by the way I meant iPhone not ipod, oops)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
If it has a download link I guess you could save it and then move it to your picture library with MobileFinder.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
If it has a download link I guess you could save it and then move it to your picture library with MobileFinder.
but its not just a standard "save image" kind of option that every phone and blackberry has? That just seems silly

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
So It looks to me that you cant save image files from emails to your iPhone. I hope that I am wrong. Someone tell me that I am wrong!
(by the way I meant iPhone not ipod, oops)
At this moment there is no way to download and save email attachments to your phone or to download/upload images or files from the web browser. my biggest complaint about the iPhone along with lack of MMS. With Apple promoting the Enterprise features of the iPhone I don't see how they can keep it this way though. Professionals who will use the iPhone will want to save email attachments to their phones.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
At this moment there is no way to download and save email attachments to your phone or to download/upload images or files from the web browser. my biggest complaint about the iPhone along with lack of MMS. With Apple promoting the Enterprise features of the iPhone I don't see how they can keep it this way though. Professionals who will use the iPhone will want to save email attachments to their phones.
Yes. Although its not a huge deal for me because when they go to my email I could just put them in iphoto,it seems like a major oversight. Its okay iPhone, I forgive you :p

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
So does not having MMS, Video Capturing, and a Starbucks app. :sick:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
What I do is download them to computer and sync it back to my iPhone through iPhoto. Sucks I know, hopefully this changes.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
So does not having MMS, Video Capturing, and a Starbucks app. :sick:
Haha well I was thoroughly aware of the mms thing, and I have to say that I can really live without a starbucks app, but a phone being able to save a file is pretty standard! I was also used to being without video because the curve still doesn't have it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
video/camera, MMS, and Bluetooth modem are the only reasons I keep my Nokia N95-3, well and that awesome 5.0mp camera. If Apple could just address some of these things and get the features up to par I could sell that baby off.

I love the heck out of the iPhone bc of the screen/interface/safari but I hate Apple telling us the features we need and not giving us what even basic phones have.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
video/camera, MMS, and Bluetooth modem are the only reasons I keep my Nokia N95-3, well and that awesome 5.0mp camera. If Apple could just address some of these things and get the features up to par I could sell that baby off.

I love the heck out of the iPhone bc of the screen/interface/safari but I hate Apple telling us the features we need and not giving us what even basic phones have.
Yeah it is very strange to me. The n-95 is a sweet phone though! When it first came out I considered getting one, but could not justify the price.

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
i really which that we could save files, because that has been a problem for me many times in the past. although you can easily download it on your computer..

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Yeah it is very strange to me. The n-95 is a sweet phone though! When it first came out I considered getting one, but could not justify the price.
I couldnt justify it either and I about got thrown out of the house for buying it LOL I have a Tilt, N95, iPhone and a fiancee that's not happy about it. But I make sure she gets her things she wants too :cool:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I couldnt justify it either and I about got thrown out of the house for buying it LOL I have a Tilt, N95, iPhone and a fiancee that's not happy about it. But I make sure she gets her things she wants too :cool:
oh so thats where the negotiations come in? :p

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i really which that we could save files, because that has been a problem for me many times in the past. although you can easily download it on your computer..
Hopefully before too long Steve will decide that it actually is necessary for us to have this ability on a smartphone.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Haha I know a little something about that too. However, I usually prefer gadgets. I still am a fan of tiffany though! lol
haha I'm sure you do. I think those words are embedded in yall's head before you're even born :p

EDIT: a lady with an appreciation for gadgets is a great thing. I wish you could rub off on my fiancee a little!

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Gadgets are fun. I even went out and bought a Centro to see if Palm was making any progress. Appears not. I also own a Tilt but, I fear that it is on the sale block now. Garmin for the car and iPhone for just about everything. I agree that there should be an ability to save attachments but, personally, I wouldn't use it much at all. However, my boss does with his Verizon smartphone. Then, he saves it again on his computer.