So Can We Get Ringtones After the Latest Update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 30, 2007
I guess the question everyone has is: Can we Still put custom ringtones on our phone after the Apple update. I think its just a matter of time until someone new finds a way to bypass the Apple blocks and we can put ringtones on again.
If anyone has any info im sure the rest of the iPhone community would appreciate it.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the question everyone has is: Can we Still put custom ringtones on our phone after the Apple update. I think its just a matter of time until someone new finds a way to bypass the Apple blocks and we can put ringtones on again.
If anyone has any info im sure the rest of the iPhone community would appreciate it.
I made great ringtones through iTunes. I lost my custom ones after the upgrade too. Unless you have hundreds of contacts and you want them all to have a different tune, it's really cheap and easy.

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
The two custom ringtones I had on my phone are still there after the update. The files are in the Ringtones directory and have cyptic filenames. The ringtones no longer show up in the ringtone list. This implies that there is still a way to do it.

I'd use iTunes created ringtones if there were any I wanted. Out of my entire music library only one song can be turned into a ringtone - yup just one.