So excited!

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
Just thought I'd share my excitement with...well, someone! (Considering I'm still so hyper I'm awake at 2:06am and have to be at work at 5:30am :p)

So yeah anyway, I got a new job -- working for Apple! (No, not for an Apple store...for actual Apple corporate). I start first week of October and I am so excited -- I've been interviewing with them for weeks. I haven't stopped jumping around since Friday afternoon when I received the call. :D :D

Anyways, anyone else awake at odd hours tonight?

H

Hayesimus

sweet. Tell Steve,"hey!" for us! And score us all new iPhones! :p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Congratulations! That's going to be an awesome experience.

As for the odd hours, it's 3:44 AM here and I see no sleeping anytime soon.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Congratulations on the job! What exactly are you going to be doing?

You are very fortunate.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Congrats on your new job! I would kill for a job like that...you know, something small like a carrot. But not a spider because they're icky

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Congrats! I've been trying for a job with the actual Apple for a while. Throw in a good word with Steve for me? ;) :laugh2:

Thanks for sharing that great bit of news! I'd love to hear how the corporate world works, if you can say, that is. Don't want you getting shafted as quickly as you got on board :p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Congratulations! I believe that you're jailbroken, though, no?

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
Ha yeah I'm not going to go into too much detail.. but let's just say the pay is incredibly awesome and the job seems like it's going to be a lot of work, but still super fun I'm sure. :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow! Congrats, Brooke! Thats awesome! :D

Let us know on any upcoming products or anything like that ;)
:)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Damnit, we're not gonna hear much from Brooke anymore, are we...

I'm happy for you, but we barely got to know you! :(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
As intriguing as "The Brick" is, I can't help but feel that was a horrible choice of code names for it... ya know, for a computer/laptop/cellphone manufacturer. Maybe that word has more connotation to me than for most.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Do you? Really? Well let me just say, if you have something sarcastic/assholish to say, I believe you should just take your comments elsewhere. Thanks.
Brooke, iCafe is our local comedian, a good guy. Congratulations on your new career. I'm thrilled for you!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Do you? Really? Well let me just say, if you have something sarcastic/assholish to say, I believe you should just take your comments elsewhere. Thanks.
Congrats on the job! Some men find it hard to believe that beautiful women can also be highly intelligent. Probably due to some shortcomings. You have to ignore iCafe a lot. He says stuff to get a rise out of people.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Brooke, iCafe is our local comedian, a good guy. Congratulations on your new career. I'm thrilled for you!
Brooke, it's not the first time iCafe has degraded women.

I, for one, do not consider him a comedian. He may think he is (in his own mind), but we all really know what he is.