So, GPS, huh?

thedoublef

Aug 10, 2007
Nowhere, PA
Ah yes, so here we sit on the eve of yet another potential happy-bomb dropping day by His Steveness.

As much as I'm hoping that 2.0 will have the Exchange support i so desperately need, i'm really curious about the supposed GPS that's baking in the new release phones.

I'm wondering if it's related to the stuff that Dash has put out in the not so distant past. It seems amazing (this is your cue to chat about Dash if you have anything pertinent), and if it does rock, i'll be faced with an interesting challenge. What do i do with the portable GPS system I have now?

What're your thoughts?
-k

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Well, firmware 2.0 will have Exchange Activesync support. Apple said that during the media even earlier in the year, do you don't have to hope for that. It's a fact.

As for the GPS, it really depends on what third party apps are available for it. If it comes out with just the built-in Google Maps functionality at launch, then it won't come close to replacing your standalone GPS unit. Maybe in the future TomTom, Garmin and/or Telenav will release an app from the App Store that gives you the full GPS functionality, then you might want to sell your standalone GPS or put it in another car.

Joe